Brick Repair

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin099734

Reaction score
I have some minor cracking on some bricks around my home and was wondering how I can go about patching or repairing this. I was told by the inspector that they are minor cracks and non structural. Does anyone reccomend any specific products? If so can you tell me how to go about doing this. I plan on pressure washing and repainting the brick around the home.

Attachments

• Brick 3.jpg
    Brick 3.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • Brick 2.jpg
    Brick 2.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • Brick 1.jpg
    Brick 1.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
I have some minor cracking on some bricks around my home and was wondering how I can go about patching or repairing this. I was told by the inspector that they are minor cracks and non structural. Does anyone reccomend any specific products? If so can you tell me how to go about doing this. I plan on pressure washing and repainting the brick around the home.
Go buy a tube of Quikcrete Mortar Repair, which can be found at any of the box stores. When you inject the product into the void with a caulk gun, you will then take your finger and smooth it out by pushing as deep as possible into the void.

It is important that you close off these cracks ASAP to minimize any water leaking into the wall and creating a long-term moisture issue inside. Excess moisture will also degrade the integrity of the wall if not fixed immediately.

Back