Flooded apartment for about 2-3 hours, will be there a damage and leak?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gghrt000

Reaction score
I have question from floor experts, I live in 3rd floor of apartment with what appears to be a wooden floor. It seems well assembled, not sure if it is real or artificial food and I can feel the nooks and crannies within.
Yesterday bathroom toilet flooded unfortunately and found with up to 1 inch of still water for possibly up to 2-3 hours and I immediately cleaned up within 30 minutes.

Will it cause a damage?
I wondering if downstairs neighbours would have experienced leak?

During my investigations, it seems wood floor does not do well in flooding however i am hopeful that since it was installed specifically for bathroom (there is a reason why they installed it in bathroom), it might have properties that resist water damage.

Thanks.,

Below is aftermatch of cleaning done 1 hr prior.
20230222_101526.jpg20230222_101521.jpg

It is hard to tell but if no one knocked on your door yet I think you dodged a bullet.

Depending on the material the floor is made from and the brand it may start cupping as it dries out. Time will tell.

It is hard to tell but if no one knocked on your door yet I think you dodged a bullet.

Depending on the material the floor is made from and the brand it may start cupping as it dries out. Time will tell.
Thx for opinion, so far no one has knocked on door. I am praying it is ok.

Back