Help with vinyl floor transition

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DukeSilver

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am looking to do the lifeproof vinyl flooring in my bathroom over the existing tile and I need help figuring out a way for the transition to work given how the threshold is from the bathroom to the hallway. I'm not sure if adding the transition strip over that black slab is going to work or look good. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG20230418141359.jpg
    IMG20230418141359.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Which side is the bathroom in the picture? Does the the vinyl flooring stick above the black transition by much? If it less than 1/16in, you could try to just use black silicone to make up the difference...
You could also try to lift the black piece of transition stone and lift it by putting a piece of plywood underneath of the same thickness as the vinyl flooring. HOWEVER, without removing the tiles, I think that you would have to break the transition and put a new one.

Which side is the bathroom in the picture? Does the the vinyl flooring stick above the black transition by much? If it less than 1/16in, you could try to just use black silicone to make up the difference...
You could also try to lift the black piece of transition stone and lift it by putting a piece of plywood underneath of the same thickness as the vinyl flooring. HOWEVER, without removing the tiles, I think that you would have to break the transition and put a new one.
Thanks for the response.
I finished the project a while ago and luckily the vinyl flooring came to the same height as the black piece of transition so I just put a bead of caulk there and it looks and works fine.

Back