Hey there!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 61734

Reaction score
I spent 43 years in IT. IT is populated by millions of coders who can search, copy & paste. There's really only a handful of really bright people who write the original code. I started in IT before internet search existed so I did some original coding. but then by the time the internet came to be, I was set in my ways and I freely admit for the 2nd half of my career I certainly did my fair share of search, copy and paste.
Now I'm retired and have plenty of time to learn this DIY stuff around my house, but hey someone else has figured it out, so I'm here to search copy and paste. and yes I'll take credit for the stuff I do, but rest assured the folks on this forum will be the ones I silently give thanks to.

Cheers!

I worked 44 years most of it doing mechanical design work and even in the days of drawing boards there was element of building block usage of past known ways of designing something. Home projects are no different it is past knowledge being reapplied sometimes in parts here and there. The steps and products are only a part of it and then you need the skills to carry out the plan. Never feel bad for asking or taking advice. Tools and skills go hand and hand and most times the right tool brings the skill level way down.

Getting back to work life and industry I started like you in a time before the internet and for the most part computers and one of my biggest fears is how the youth of today would handle trying to do anything old school without all the aids of tech.

Welcome to the forum. :welcome:

I spent 43 years in IT. IT is populated by millions of coders who can search, copy & paste. There's really only a handful of really bright people who write the original code. I started in IT before internet search existed so I did some original coding. but then by the time the internet came to be, I was set in my ways and I freely admit for the 2nd half of my career I certainly did my fair share of search, copy and paste.
Now I'm retired and have plenty of time to learn this DIY stuff around my house, but hey someone else has figured it out, so I'm here to search copy and paste. and yes I'll take credit for the stuff I do, but rest assured the folks on this forum will be the ones I silently give thanks to.

Cheers!
I helped a friend compile all the date necessary, then helped him with the code writing for a police reporting system. Hundreds of hours spend helping my friend. Unknown to me was the fact that he was selling this program to hundreds of police departments, and he made millions of $. What did I receive? A half-assed "Thanks Buddy!"

Regardless,

:welcome group:

Back