Hi from Orlando

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Motofi

Reaction score
Greetings,
I'm a less than adventurous DIYer, but I have saved a lot of money over the years attempting to fix things myself. My reward is always spending the savings on a tool or something that usually would not buy, or maybe retire earlier by not spending where i don't have to. I've owned a couple of houses over the years and prefer to fix things before they become a bigger problem later.

My latest successes have been soldering a garage door wall clicker button, fixing the circuit board on a pitboss pellet grill, making a jon boat launching frame, painted the exterior of the home with a sprayer, replaced the sunroof of a car, welded closed a hole on a pushmower deck, ma mobile dragon fruit grow stations, changed brakes on auto and bicycles. I overengineered a chicken coop, seemed to fix walkway concrete settling with a jack and high density poly foam, erected an overhead trellis for passion fruit, point tucked a chimney, fixed a 1 inch gap in the flashing, other random projects, and am more interested in function than beauty.

Hello All!

Welcome to the forum.

If you can post a photo of your jon boat launch. I know someone that just bought one and would be interested in seeing how you made it.

Sure. The boat launch was not complicated and it makes the process pleasant. It could be slapped together in a dozen ways, but this was my afternoon to dark speed build.
I used spare parts when possible, but did end up buying 2 treated 16 ft 2x6s, a crank, and a set of trailer rollers (160$ off Amazon). My zinc bolts will likely need replacement before too many years but the stainless deck screws and wood should be sufficient for a while.

Your buddy may be able to get away with the frame being as wide as where the slides or rollers should touch the boat. I ended up moving mine in and tilting the assembly 20-30 degrees for a better fit, but the larger base is more stable.

Attachments

• 20220718_195656.jpg
    20220718_195656.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220718_200031.jpg
    20220718_200031.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220718_195918.jpg
    20220718_195918.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220718_195717.jpg
    20220718_195717.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 0
Sure. The boat launch was not complicated and it makes the process pleasant. It could be slapped together in a dozen ways, but this was my afternoon to dark speed build.
I used spare parts when possible, but did end up buying 2 treated 16 ft 2x6s, a crank, and a set of trailer rollers (160$ off Amazon). My zinc bolts will likely need replacement before too many years but the stainless deck screws and wood should be sufficient for a while.

Your buddy may be able to get away with the frame being as wide as where the slides or rollers should touch the boat. I ended up moving mine in and tilting the assembly 20-30 degrees for a better fit, but the larger base is more stable.
Very nice. It will give him some good ideas as it is exactly what he wants to build.

Back