Is the spout fairly easy to fix?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Syllinx

Reaction score
We just moved into the house and this has already started leaking when it’s turned off
71642282037__5493E2AF-4A93-4EE7-B6B6-C19BECFF3FAF.jpeg

I bought the kit for a 300 and I guess I was wrong. The parts don't really fit right. The only one that seemed fine was the rubber seal on the end. Now it leaks out the handle no matter how tight it is. Posting better pics soon. The screw to install the handle that came with kit is too big also.fauc.jpg

Last edited:
I just need to find a kit with a ton of graphite packing nuts or whatever to find a good fit.

Is this the product you used; Prier 630-7755 Wall Hydrant Repair Kit

There are a number of parts, individually available, at your local hrdw. venders, which may fit. Unfortunately, unless you can isolate that line, you need to shut the supply off to the dwelling, prior to disassembly.

Can you add graphite string and use several wraps behind the packing nut to make it tighter and that should stop the leak and tighten the final plastic nut. Let me know how this works, we used to use it back in the 60's and 70's

Can you add graphite string and use several wraps behind the packing nut to make it tighter and that should stop the leak and tighten the final plastic nut. Let me know how this works, we used to use it back in the 60's and 70's
I put the old graphite nut part back in for now and will try string later. The washer include to keep the new graphite in place is too big and slides down the stem so the must be the wrong kit.

Is this the product you used; Prier 630-7755 Wall Hydrant Repair Kit

There are a number of parts, individually available, at your local hrdw. venders, which may fit. Unfortunately, unless you can isolate that line, you need to shut the supply off to the dwelling, prior to disassembly.
That is it. No matter what I did the kit would not fit. A plumber came out and said he can't even tell what brand it is. Recommends putting in a whole new spout/spigot 150.

That is it. No matter what I did the kit would not fit. A plumber came out and said he can't even tell what brand it is. Recommends putting in a whole new spout/spigot 150.
AHHH, a salesman with a product.

Being obstinate, I would disassemble and make a stop at an ACE HRDW., because they stock a wide range of individual parts.

Back