Leak under exterior base of add-on sunroom

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Librarian #9

Reaction score
My house has a 30-year-old add-on sunroom built on a cement patio (FYI, I'm in Orange County, CA). When rain falls, water seeps inside, mostly in the northeast corner, but in heavy rain, further down the north wall--there, maybe thru weepholes just above the cement. Any way we can stop leaks without tearing out the wall, putting tons of calking where the wall meets the cement, and replacing it? I have calked the outside corner and filled in foundation crack visible in third picture, to no avail. I also tried strips of roof waterproofing along the outside bottom, but my wife hated them and made me take them out, plus they did not work for reasons unknown. We recently replaced the sunroom's roof, so there's no leak from it. Thank you for your advice.tempImages7C88Y.jpgtempImage8BYM5S.jpgtempImagerpSsoH.jpg

Welcome.
AH yes, an enclosure built on, a slab on grade.

My cure, for several decades in LA & OC, is to create a narrow "V" at the base, then fill withSIKA; Sikaflex® Construction Sealant, as well as the joint in the slabs broken corner, which you'd be well advised to stabilize prior to adding the SIKA.

SIKA is available from GANAHL and HOME DESPERADO.

I'd also apply a marine applicable paint product to the exterior.

Back