More home remodeling questions

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nobes

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

We will be tiling our kitchen in the next month or so and I'm wondering how bad the materials are. As always I've seen conflicting info, so wanted to check with everyone on here.

So we would be using concrete backer board, on top of that is a latex tile adhesive (AcrylPro) then of course the tile (not an issue) and then grout. It looks like the backer board and grout should be okay fume wise but what about the adhesive? Anyone with experience in these materials?

We also are going to paint in t next few months, other than a low VOC latex paint and putting our bird in a separate room with fans blowing the fumes out and away from the room are there other considerations? How long until you introduce the bird back in the rest of the house to be safe?

Hello everyone.

We will be tiling our kitchen in the next month or so and I'm wondering how bad the materials are. As always I've seen conflicting info, so wanted to check with everyone on here.

So we would be using concrete backer board, on top of that is a latex tile adhesive (AcrylPro) then of course the tile (not an issue) and then grout. It looks like the backer board and grout should be okay fume wise but what about the adhesive? Anyone with experience in these materials?

We also are going to paint in t next few months, other than a low VOC latex paint and putting our bird in a separate room with fans blowing the fumes out and away from the room are there other considerations? How long until you introduce the bird back in the rest of the house to be safe? also anybody have any experience with this company awpumafl.com
appreciate any help with this. thanks in advance

Why not use thin-set? No or very little outgassing from a mortar based product. For a backsplash you really don't need to put tile backer board on top of drywall. It isn't going to be getting wet like a shower.

There are also sheets that one peels and sticks to the wall, then sticks the tiles to the sheets. People here may have used them &will know if the are a good plan or not.

PPG and Behr make some very low, or no, VOC paints. I'd still be concerned about the bird and any children with any paint.

Paul

There are also sheets that one peels and sticks to the wall, then sticks the tiles to the sheets Home Remodeling in Woodinville. People here may have used them &will know if the are a good plan or not.

PPG and Behr make some very low, or no, VOC paints. I'd still be concerned about the bird and any children with any paint.

Paul
also thank you for your suggestion

Back