Outdoor Roof Slab leaking

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vee007

Reaction score
Any suggestion which clear or colour epoxy waterproof should i use for Outdoor Slab with tiles. Water starting to drip to the botton floor. Size is about 30ft X 30 Ft

Are you still looking for suggestions?

If yes, you'll want a durable and effective epoxy waterproofing solution. I'd recommend using a high-quality, UV-resistant clear or colored epoxy designed for outdoor use in your 30ft x 30ft area. A product like Rust-Oleum's RockSolid Polycuramine or EpoxyShield is a solid choice. They're known for their durability and UV resistance. Make sure to thoroughly clean and dry the surface before applying the epoxy, and consider using a primer if recommended by the manufacturer.

Is it possible that the water is getting under the tiles from the edges or somewhere else? I'd hate to see you spend on sealing only to have the leak continue.

Whatever you choose, it will have to be re-done eventually. So, I suggest (respectfully) to pick something with minimal re-coat prep.

I'd be wary of coatings that go on top of the tiles & grout. They tend to peel up after the UV rays attack for a while. Re-coat prep is intensive.
Some are really slippery, too.

If you want a no-slip sealer that won't peel; non-silicone contaning outdoor rated penetrating sealer is a my suggestion.
Ultracare Penetrating Stone, Tile & Grout Sealer by Mapei is nice to work with. It has no silicone, so should you need to re-coat in the future any new product will adhere. Laticrete also makes a couple of very good sealers. Don't cheap-out on sealer.

Paraffin based sealers work, too but don't penetrate deeply.

If your tile is glazed (non-porous), there's no need for sealer on the tiles, just on the grout.
For glazed tiles & super-duper water proof forever grout, you can remove the old grout & use epoxy grout.

Paul

Back