Questions - Real Estate Buying

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krich

Reaction score
So, doesn't the Buyer have the right to get copies of closing docs signed by both Buyer and Seller?

Especially the Settlement Statement that shows who was paid when the sale funded, signed by the signed by the Settlement Agent and dated?

In my case there was a lien holder getting a big chunk and the pre-sale Settlement Statement shows the guy's name and address... so I'm going to send a certified letter to him asking him to verify that the money that was paid to him was actually paid and if the lien is now satisfied.

It's like pulling teeth to get the title company to provide docs signed by myself and the Seller post sale.

They were all polite pre-sale... but now that funds have been sent to the title company, they are not very forth coming and transparent which to me is a red flag.

Seems like the Buyer should have the right to get copies of closing docs signed by both Buyer and Seller, right?

Well, instead af the letter, why not hire an attny, sue the the escrow co. and issue a subpoena, demanding all the records for the transaction, so that you can hide under a rock, while demanding that a legally bound agency reveal privileged information, to assuage your feeling of having been denied others private information.

Turns out, they lien holder IS required to post a release of lien since they got paid and their is no more lien... so I was right, I DO actually have a right to have documentation showing the property I purchased is free of liens!

Who knew? clueless.gif

I finally did get the release of lien, so the sale is finally complete!

I finally did get the release of lien, so the sale is finally complete!

The title company was just run by a bunch of young whipper snappers who have customer service way down at the bottom of their list of priorities... you know, once they got paid they don't care anymore.

I did not choose this title company and if I ever do another real estate deal where I'm buying, I may tell the seller they need to use a local, reputable title company or I'm out.

So, doesn't the Buyer have the right to get copies of closing docs signed by both Buyer and Seller?

Especially the Settlement Statement that shows who was paid when the sale funded, signed by the signed by the Settlement Agent and dated?

In my case there was a lien holder getting a big chunk and the pre-sale Settlement Statement shows the guy's name and address... so I'm going to send a certified letter to him asking him to verify that the money that was paid to him was actually paid and if the lien is now satisfied.

It's like pulling teeth to get the title company to provide docs signed by myself and the Seller post sale.

They were all polite pre-sale Port de Sóller... but now that funds have been sent to the title company, they are not very forth coming and transparent which to me is a red flag.

Seems like the Buyer should have the right to get copies of closing docs signed by both Buyer and Seller, right?
Yes, typically, both the buyer and the seller should have access to the closing documents signed by both parties after the sale is completed. It's essential for transparency and to ensure that all parties involved have a complete record of the transaction. The Settlement Statement, which shows the distribution of funds and payments to various parties, is an important document that both parties may want to keep for their records. If the title company is not providing you with the necessary documents, it's a legitimate concern. You have the right to request these documents to verify that the transaction was completed correctly, and all relevant parties have been paid as per the agreement. Sending a certified letter to the lien holder to verify the payment and satisfaction of the lien is a good step to take to ensure everything is in order. If you continue to have difficulties obtaining the documents you need, you may want to seek legal advice or contact your local real estate regulatory authority for assistance.

Yes, typically, both the buyer and the seller should have access to the closing documents signed by both parties after the sale is completed. It's essential for transparency and to ensure that all parties involved have a complete record of the transaction. The Settlement Statement, which shows the distribution of funds and payments to various parties, is an important document that both parties may want to keep for their records. If the title company is not providing you with the necessary documents, it's a legitimate concern. You have the right to request these documents to verify that the transaction was completed correctly, and all relevant parties have been paid as per the agreement. Sending a certified letter to the lien holder to verify the payment and satisfaction of the lien is a good step to take to ensure everything is in order. If you continue to have difficulties obtaining the documents you need for Pronájem Westfield Chodov, you may want to seek legal advice or contact your local real estate regulatory authority for assistance.
was this helpful for you?

They were all polite pre-sale... but now that funds have been sent to the title company check https://www.sunbay.es, they are not very forth coming and transparent which to me is a red flag.

Yes, as a buyer involved in a real estate transaction, you do have the right to obtain copies of the closing documents signed by both the buyer and seller, including the Settlement Statement. The Settlement Statement, also known as the Closing Disclosure or HUD-1, details the financial transactions involved in the sale, including who received payment and for what amounts.

It's understandable that you want to ensure the lien holder received their payment and that any liens on the property have been satisfied. Sending a certified letter to the lien holder to verify this information is a proactive step.

If you're encountering difficulties in obtaining the necessary documents from the title company, it's important to communicate your concerns with them directly. You can politely request copies of the signed documents and express the importance of transparency in the post-sale process.

While the title company should provide you with the requested documents, if they continue to be uncooperative, you may need to seek assistance from a real estate attorney or escalate the matter to higher authorities such as state regulatory agencies that oversee title companies.

In summary, yes, you have the right to access closing documents as a buyer, and it's crucial to ensure transparency and verify all aspects of the transaction, especially when it comes to financial obligations and lien satisfaction.

It does seem like you should have the right to access those documents, especially the Settlement Statement, which is crucial for understanding the details of the transaction. It's frustrating when you encounter resistance from the title company, especially after the sale has been completed.

Back