Refrigerator Temperature

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffK

Reaction score
My French Door refrigerator/freezer is set at 38/-3.
The freezer cycles between -8 and -2 and the refrigerator stays around 40-41.
System appears to be working fine with no noises, it's actually quiet, no frost/icing, ice station is functioning. Venting does not appear to be blocked.
Is the smaller range with the refrigerator normal or is the freezer too high s range?
Perhaps I'm overly concerned.

I set my fridge to 39⁰, and my freezer to 0⁰. The manufacturer said this is the norm.

Hi Havasu
LG says the spec for mine is 37/0 but 37/-3 works best.

Mine is also an LG, so the parameters are close. What do you mean "works best"? When i set mine to 37⁰, i found ice forming in my milk.

Mine is also an LG, so the parameters are close. What do you mean "works best"? When i set mine to 37⁰, i found ice forming in my milk.
I have a 2019 manufactured LG French Door 27.1. Mine like many others had a compressor failure. Even though I didn't purchase the refer LG honored their 10 year compressor and related closed system parts. They replaced the comp, drier. PCB, evaporator etc. I was warned by the LG tech to expect another failure. Their linear compressor has been a constant problem. I'm would like to get some more time out of this unit and hopefully they continue to honor the warranty. The tech said that it's pot luck if they honor it without a lot of delay.

I'm thinking that the sensor is causing the problem.

Last edited:
I'm not sure there is a problem. Sounds like it's working pretty close to spec.
It's keeping things cool or frozen for certain.
I now have it set at -2/35, the only setting that seems to keep the ref from going above 41.
In the last 18 hours, the freezer range has been -7 to -1. The ref is steady at 40-41.

Back