Roof Leak at Flashing - one year old roof

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ik91

Reaction score
Hello,

I bought a house earlier this year and roof was replaced by previous owner in 2022. There is a leak at chimney flashing and the previous owner will not tell us contractor who replaced the roof per agent. A roofing contractor came and looked at it and he said it should be covered by workmanship warranty by person that did the recent replace. Anyone have advice in this situation? There are no permits pulled for roofs and HOA has no records either.

Attachments

• image_67213313.JPG
    image_67213313.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0.mp4
    7.8 MB
Going to need to see pictures from up on the roof, inside pictures are useless.
That whole thing sounds odd.

Hello,

I bought a house earlier this year and roof was replaced by previous owner in 2022. There is a leak at chimney flashing and the previous owner will not tell us contractor who replaced the roof repair mclean va per agent. A roofing contractor came and looked at it and he said it should be covered by workmanship warranty by person that did the recent replace. Anyone have advice in this situation? There are no permits pulled for roofs and HOA has no records either.
My roof is leaking in the valley areas of an addition that was built about 10 years ago. I need a new roof but it's gonna have to wait till spring due to a scheduled lay-off and lack of $$ this time of year. The area I need to cover is 24x16 but the two roofs intersect so it will be a little tricky to cover it and try to minimize the folds due to the two valleys. I also have to make a cut to allow for the plumbing vent (which is directly in the valley).

Questions: Would you use a heavy-duty tarp or do you think 6 mil plastic will hold up to the snow and wind if it is screwed down with 1x3 strapping?
Do I have any other options that are not too costly?

The price is about the same for each but I can get the poly in clear and I'm trying to minimize the eyesore (although leak-free is priority one)
Any ideas would help as I have a relatively small window to get this roof covered before the next snow/rain.
Thanks

Back