security cameras home construction site

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nobes

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

a relative has had building materials stolen from his work site. we are looking for a solution. I run blue iris and cameras at home on Poe. if I want to review a particular time, I can rewind to that day and time. something like this is what is needed. my home system is on an internal LAN accessible via an encrypted VPN that allows me to remotely view and control pts.

issues... there is power to the site but the house doesn't have a roof, no storage shed, or any place to put some sort of recording pc. there are commercial systems you can buy but they are portable towers on towable platforms that go for over 30k.

I don't think a game camera or cellular camera is the answer as what is needed is continuous recording.

any suggestions?

Hello everyone.

a relative has had building materials stolen from his work site. we are looking for a solution. I run blue iris and cameras at home on Poe. if I want to review a particular time, I can rewind to that day and time. something like this is what is needed. my home system is on an internal LAN accessible via an encrypted VPN that allows me to remotely view and control pts.

issues... there is power to the site but the house doesn't have a roof, no storage shed, or any place to put some sort of recording pc. there are commercial systems you can buy but they are portable towers on towable platforms that go for over 30k.

I don't think a game camera or cellular camera is the answer as what is needed is continuous recording Construction Site Security New York.

any suggestions?
thanks for any help or input

Do you have wi-fi capabilities? If so, a Ring solar powered motion detecting aux camera would be your best bet.

I was on a construction site recently that used Roku cameras. They had some kind of solar 5G device on top of a pole so they could see the cameras and let them record. The site manager said their insurance company specified this set up. He liked them.

The problem is that, no matter what cameras or where, the bad guys simply shoot them out or steal them. But, I suppose that's dependent on where your site is located.

Paul

As a side note my nephew has a business installing security systems in both home and business locations. He has done a lot of car wash and hotels and has branched out into industrial where the company owner wants to see from home what’s going on with his workers 24-7 from his home or phone.

One of these places was building a new plant and wanted security watching the construction and then he would follow up with the internal stuff after it was built. The cameras he had set up watching the property and recording on a loop he also just for fun had them take and store a still picture every minute for months. He stitched them all together into a time laps movie after the building was complete and gave it to the owner.

The guy was so amazed that he did this and how great it turned out he had it playing during his grand opening. This guy has also been giving him the best word of mouth advertising he ever had. So his idea paid off.

When I was a kid my dad watched the time laps of Disney being built on Wonderful World of Disney on Sunday night. The next day he took an old record player we had and glued a wooden block to a record shaped like a cam and rigged our 8mm movie camera to a frame with a link arm that would trip the camera to take one frame each time the record would go around once. He made some great time laps home movies. The best one was him and I building a back yard barbeque out of bricks. I was about 7-8 years old at the time.

This might be fun to do for home construction as well.

He made some great time laps home movies. The best one was him and I building a back yard barbeque out of bricks. I was about 7-8 years old at the time.
I hope you were able to preserve those. There are many ways to save old movies...once you can find a place that will transfer them.

I have my father's 16mm films that date back to the 1940s.

I hope you were able to preserve those. There are many ways to save old movies...once you can find a place that will transfer them.

I have my father's 16mm films that date back to the 1940s.
I wish I had them. It is a sticky wicket in my family as at the time my mother sold her home my sisters were highly involved in taking care of all the accumulation people have in a lifetime. I asked about the movies and my one sister latched on to them telling me they would be safe with her and she would take care of the archiving of them. That was over 30 years ago and when I ask she says she has to find them and then it turned into she can’t find them. Sometimes it is a good thing to stop asking. My cousin on the other hand had all her parents movies put on digital media and gave me copies and although they are 90% her family my family appears quite often. I have resolved myself that mine are gone.

The world has changed so much in 50 years and now every parent makes hours of HD movies a week on their smart phones and take 1000s of photos. There is so much media that there is no time to ever look at it again. I don’t know how many people I have talked to that phone died and they lost 1000’s of photos. I back my phone up about once a month to a computer and then also a remote hard drive. I’m not much of a cloud person yet.

Back