Separated Gutter Sections

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DMMU

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have 2 gutter sections that have separated. Initially, I thought that the separation was where water flows to the downspout, but when I took a look, those two ends are capped as shown in the picture. Any suggestions on the best way to reattach them would be appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_2882.jpg
    IMG_2882.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Odd that there would be two caps back-to-back. Do they flow to separate downspouts? Can either end of those be adjusted enough to be joined together? The installer may have cut one too short and just cheated.

Odd that there would be two caps back-to-back. Do they flow to separate downspouts? Can either end of those be adjusted enough to be joined together? The installer may have cut one too short and just cheated.
Yeah I was surprised both ends were capped as well. They do flow to separate downspouts. The gutter on the left has a downspout about 25 feet to the left out of frame.
I’ll have to take another look at the gutters from above to see how the caps are installed. I assume joining them will require removing the caps.

Back