What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isnt DMSO just horse linament? I remember it being touted as a "cure all" back in the 80's. All it did for me was that it gave me garlic breath.
Not just, but yeah... They use it on Race Horses. I have used it since 1993 on joints, but not too much down the hatch. I'm thoroughly convinced I walk today with no surgeries and can hyperextend my knee and be fine the next day thanks to using DMSO, and have only used it a few times in the last 30 years topically.

It has a laundry list of uses..

https://www.earthclinic.com/supplements/dmso.html

Oh, I completely forgot to mention my previous attempt to lower my BP was by quitting Coffee for 6 Months... From my understanding, the Caffeine either affects people permanently or only temporarily, so permanently was ruled out when nothing changed.

The good news is I can have Coffee, as it's only a temporary spike for me... The bad news is I'm no closer to a solution, especially with the Salt test failing. That's also a "works or doesn't" category, as one Harvard study resulted in BP dropping for 70 something percent of people that drastically cut the salt...

I think I was "off" for that cumulative month of vastly reduced salt, as I wasn't firing on all cylinders. With my resumption of FLAVORFUL food yesterday, I felt much better...

@Spicoli43 your blood pressure can be high for different reasons. You could have genetic predisposition to hypertension. Epigenetics is very interesting.

Also, your kidneys play a role in your blood pressure also.
Yep, there is 400,000,000 reasons and it's either simple (not me) or it's complicated like SNP as you know...

Sigh. Of course it's difficult for me, the one who refuses to take any pharma poisons!

I started my Cayenne experiment yesterday and last night, I had a reading of 129, the lowest in a long time (besides just rolling out of bed and testing)

2 weeks at least of Cayenne while I detox my Kidneys next week and Blood the week after that... Then I'm going full on Paleo anyway, which is one test I have never done... Losing the gut improves all kinds of everything.

Yep, there is 400,000,000 reasons and it's either simple (not me) or it's complicated like SNP as you know...

Sigh. Of course it's difficult for me, the one who refuses to take any pharma poisons!

I started my Cayenne experiment yesterday and last night, I had a reading of 129, the lowest in a long time (besides just rolling out of bed and testing)

2 weeks at least of Cayenne while I detox my Kidneys next week and Blood the week after that... Then I'm going full on Paleo anyway, which is one test I have never done... Losing the gut improves all kinds of everything.
I'll be interested to see your results!

Ron, looks like you have 7 dogs now! Sorry the liner in your pool went out and that the pump body broke. But glad you are able to fix things.

Shan, I hope you enjoy your days off.

Yesterday was hectic. Bro came and got me early in the morning- Mom was unconscious and her dexcom was blaring alarms. Her sugar was "low". Put some glucose tabs under her tongue. She came to briefly but kept rolling her eyes back and not wanting to chew or swallow and kept passing back out. My brother sat her up and every time I got her to wake up she would stare at me with really wide eyes and then flop back over. Had to call paramedics. Also called our friend and he had the help the paramedics move her wheelchair through the house. We had her sugar up to 47 before the paramedics arrived but she had hypothermia and wasn't lucid or cooperative. At best she was just limp/unconscious but then she would only say "no" and refuse to cooperate. paramedics got her sugar up over 200 with iv stuff so she could stand with help but she was not very lucid. We followed the ambulance and they had to put an inflatable blanket that is filled with warm air over her. I wrapped a jacket around her head (not covering her face) and they added a warm blanket on to that. She's currently in the hospital for observation for a few days. Tomorrow is her birthday and she's super cranky.

Yeah, those nursing homes are atrocious. I've seen how they treat people and would not wish that on my worst enemy. She complains about how I take care of her but I treat her better than she'd be treated in a home. Especially with the attitude she pulled. She started to go full Karen mode on a nurse this morning. I want to give that nurse flowers. She handled it like a champ and had to confiscate Mom's insulin bc she was being uncooperative and insisting she was going to take some but then said she wasn't, but they couldn't trust that she wouldn't and taking too much was why she was in there in the first place. Nurse later got reinforcements to come explain why things with taking insulin have changed and how she needs to take a different kind and take it after meals instead of before and only if her sugar is at certain levels and that there is a sliding scale of how much to take and that they would educate her on that.

I had a good nap. Fippy keeps getting back in to the living room and sitting in Mom's chair because he misses her. The door is an inswing with a spring so it closes itself but he can push it open and get in. I am hoping Mom will be OK to leave tomorrow.

@zannej I am so sorry to hear about your momma. If I were you, I just wouldn't allow her to have possession of the insulin when she comes home. It is clear that she doesn't understand how it works, and she very well could have died. I am sure that was all scary. Even I would have been greatly concerned.

Hopefully you can get some respite for a bit.

@zannej I am so sorry to hear about your momma. If I were you, I just wouldn't allow her to have possession of the insulin when she comes home. It is clear that she doesn't understand how it works, and she very well could have died. I am sure that was all scary. Even I would have been greatly concerned.

Hopefully you can get some respite for a bit.
Hopefully zannej will come to the understanding, that she, and her bother, need to take a more active interest, in their mothers management.

Ron, looks like you have 7 dogs now!
Believe it or not…Ruby found a home for Buddy! She put out several posts looking for someone who might be missing Buddy (not likely- he had no collar or chip), or someone who might want to adapt Buddy. Ruby is very protective of her foster dogs. Some people are looking for dogs (mostly Pitties like Buddy) for fighting or breeding.

A lady contacted Ruby and said she had 12 dogs but could take one more. Immediately, the red flags went up. Who would want 13 dogs? What kind of place does this lady have?

Ruby investigated her using Facebook and even asked for the lady’s vet name. The lady seemed to check out. We took Buddy over to the lady’s (and her husband’s) house. All I can say is, Wow! They have a really nice house on 33 acres. There is a great fenced pasture for the dogs to roam in. The dogs are also allowed in the house and they converted a 3car garage into a kennel area with 12 brand new 10’ tall kennels. They have 3 ponds on their property with cows and goats.

I don’t know what these people do for a living and I can’t imagine why they do what they do but I do know Buddy is one lucky dog. We are going back on Tuesday to visit and check on Buddy but I’m sure he is plenty happy. I’ll try to get some pictures of their place then without seeming intrusive.

Here is Buddy when he first came to our place.

1714063705170.jpeg

Well, spring is in the air! We had a pair of geese hatch 7 chicks in our yard last week

1714064064754.jpeg

I was cutting the grass today and saw a turtle laying eggs.

1714064441498.jpeg

I elected to not cut the grass in this section. Ruby went out later and said the turtle safely made it back to the water. When the turtles hatch, they are on their own!

Back