Window Leaking?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrogSpawns

Reaction score
Noticed yesterday our curtain had a huge yellow stain (waterstain?) on it, as well as almost rusted looking water all over the window and windowsill. I also noticed what looked like water on the top of the window frame, which was a little bit concentering. We had a huge storm last night, with high winds. I've never seen this before at this window or any other windows in the house.

It doesn't have a screen, which could certainly not be helping, but is there anything else going on here? Bad window install? Leak somewhere? I'm concerned about the water stain on the top of the frame the most.

KNpAj25.jpg
kEtTwU0.jpg

1nQP8YT.jpg
K3qZqv0.jpg

odXLdur.jpg
JWqlxam.jpg
VTaPrmF.jpg

I've now also noticed, between the first and second floor windows, an ever so slight bulging on the siding. I'm guessing that's indicative of water getting in from somewhere.

I saw your post the other day and didn’t have time to reply and was sure someone else would weigh in.

Unfortunately I think you are going to have to unsnap and remove some of the siding as a first step to see what is going on behind it with the water getting in. The time to do that in New Jersey is likely not right now. Below the siding will be the house wrap and around the windows there should be water seal tape put on in a certain sequence.

Hopefully some folks here will comment on the best way to find your solution.

Welcome to the forum.

Back