attic fold down ladder too short

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hitmix300

Reaction score
hello, we built an attached garage and it has 11ft ceiling height. the drop ladder that was installed is about 10 inches away from the slab. does anybody have some tips on how to fill this gap? my original idea was to add a couple of 1 by's to extend the legs, but then they would stick past the framing when you try to close it. wondering if anybody has a nifty solution thanks

20231018-075735.jpg

20231018-075659.jpg

Welcome.
While there are several vendors of ladders for your ceiling height, the downside is that there won't be an additional step added, with the typical leg extension, available.

So, were it I, I would build a storable platform out of 2X10 and plywood or OSB.

Welcome.
While there are several vendors of ladders for your ceiling height, the downside is that there won't be an additional step added, with the typical leg extension, available.

So, were it I, I would build a storable platform out of 2X10 and plywood or OSB.
thanks for the helpful reply! this seems like the easiest solution, apprecaite it.

Latest posts

Back