Chandelier With Dimmer Switch

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Z.

Reaction score
I was cleaning up the chain links on the dining room 6 light chandelier and accidently dropped the light. None of the connections came loose all 6 lights arched and the breaker downstairs tripped. I flipped the breaker back on and the light did not work. Can someone get me moving in the right direction? It is possible the dimmer switch got damaged or is it likely the light itself? Any help is greatly appreciated.

There are only two wires in the wall at the dimmer switch and only two wires coming from the ceiling.

Please clarify

You state two wires at the dimmer switch and two wires at the ceiling. You do mean individual wires and not cables with wires in them. Some people refer to cables as wires so we need to clarify to be sure we are giving you proper advise.

Can be figured out pretty quick if you have a Digital Volt Meter.
But basically, you have a connection in the ceiling and a connection to the light fixture.
If you saying none of the connections came loose then the problem could be the wire itself.
Look/feel for broken wire inside the insulation. With a meter, you could simply and quickly check continuity of the cord.

Latest posts

Back