Conrete on my outhouse!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chyandour

Reaction score
Hi All,

Ive just moved into an old council house with the typical outhouse battered and unloved!
My problem is I would like to paint the outside of the old grey building with a nice splash of whitewash but it has an problem before i start.

Someone has filled in a crack with what looks like cement and just left it, no smoothing over or levelling.

This attemped repair is about 3 foot long and is very ugly and I would like to know how to smooth it off or over enough to paint over it.
I think its probably been like this for several years so could be quite stubborn.

I think if I chipped at it the cement would fall out or the outhouse would fall down! So obviously I have to be gentle...

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance!
Chyandour

It sounds very rustic and original to some period.

Why not leave it with the same character and appearance it did when you bought it. Just preserve it!

The building may have been gray because of the original preference or just the weathering. - Just do not paint it some artificial color and then add a second story (with window boxes?).

"Paint" could not be the proper material unless you are interested in the short-term cosmetics.

Is that Plymouth in Minnesota, Massachusetts or England? - My first wife could give you some good advice if it is a 1621 outhouse in Massachusetts since her g-g-g-g-grandfather was on the second ship.

Latest posts

Back