Ecobee 3 lite

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swimmer_spe

Reaction score
I had the Ecobee 3 Lite smart thermostat installed in my home.

Anyone have one? What are your thoughts, tips and tricks that I should know?

https://support.ecobee.com/hc/en-us/articles/227878927-ecobee3-Thermostat-User-Guide

Why choose ecobee3 lite?

You need the PEK support for a missing C-wire
You need support for more stages of heating/cooling than the E supports
You want to use Apple HomeKit, i.e. Siri on your iPhone/iPad to control your thermostat (here’s how to set up an ecobee thermostat with Apple HomeKit)
You don’t have a C-wire and you want to use the included Power Extender Kit
You’d rather program a schedule yourself
You want to add one or more room temperature sensors in the future
You simply like it better!

https://support.ecobee.com/hc/en-us/articles/227878927-ecobee3-Thermostat-User-Guide

Why choose ecobee3 lite?

You need the PEK support for a missing C-wire
You need support for more stages of heating/cooling than the E supports
You want to use Apple HomeKit, i.e. Siri on your iPhone/iPad to control your thermostat (here’s how to set up an ecobee thermostat with Apple HomeKit)
You don’t have a C-wire and you want to use the included Power Extender Kit
You’d rather program a schedule yourself
You want to add one or more room temperature sensors in the future
You simply like it better!

I got it free a part of a Green initiative from the government. I was going to get a smart thermostat anyways, but this was free with installation for free as well.
I have the app on my phone and I love it.

I am just trying to see if more experienced people know more than I have run across.

i just installed an ecobee3 Lite which Costco had on sale ($140 with 2 remotes). I have a single stage oil burning, forced air unit. The Honeywell thermostat was a simple, two wire, mercury switch gadget. The ecobee install was painless though I did have to run an independent 24vac wall wart to power it. I figured this was okay since I plan to remodel in the coming months so the wall will be demolished and I can pull in a new wiring harness at that time. That will resolve the current, surface mounted 24volt wiring. pretty nifty. I'm not a big fan of wifi appliances but will give this a try.

Latest posts

Back