Old house enthuiest just bought first home

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samuelsfamily

Reaction score
I have always loved the look of older homes and with the help of my wife have bought our first home it,s a unique looking home for our area but Although I am very handy & can see the vision we have for what we want the home to be to make it "ours" I wonder sometimes if I havent bitten off more than I can chew!
The house is 89 years old & fits no one particular style I am familar with.If I can figure out how I will post pictures of the home & projects for help & or helping others in their quest to make an old house their new home

Welcome to the forum,
And,

to your money pit.

There's usually someone around and when there's not,
make yourself at home and leave a message.:)

Tom

I just figgured out some whtat how to respond to posts but got to get up for work early I will be around soon as is my first big project turned out to be as square eye said a money pit. I took off the sheet rock box covering the fireplace & found out to my dismay that they had covered it for good reason it,s dead. for lack of abetter discription !!!
The chimney stack & flew are in good shape but meed cosmetic repairs but from the damper down will need to be repaired or replaced. I would be too costly for us to put in a more modern fireplace unit plus I like the look of the old world fireplace & would like to keep the house as close to era as possible . I look forward to the help of others & I will post help to people if I am able to be of assitance

Latest posts

Back