Recommendations for burglar alarm

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geek84

Reaction score
Hi Folks
I am thinking of having a burglar alarm fitted in my home which can also connect to my mobile phone, and would be most grateful if you could give any recommendations.
Thanks in advance for your responses.

I have ADT, on all doors, windows and even my safe. Anything trips and cameras start to roll, sonitrol listens, and I'm texted immediately. I also set it up to notify police if the panic buttons are pushed. Yes, a 3 year contract and $49.99 a month hurts a bit. I hear Costco carries Ring alarm systems, where police monitoring costs you $15 a month, but as in my house, I have 23 contacts, 12 glass breat modules, motion detectors. This would cost you thousands to set up the protection that I have, and if it breaks, its up to you to fix. I simply call ADT and they are out the next day to repair or replace the bad module. Bottom line, there are pros and cons for each system.

Old school technology (ADT) is expensive and requires a technician to install. I use SimpliSafe. Self installation and the basic setup is $15 a month. It is web enabled. You can choose upgrades for slightly more. DO NOT settle for the high cost ADT business model

Latest posts

Back