What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
went to the dr today. his office is on the missippi river

you can see the gambling paddle river boats from his waiting room

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DBBwpTsV3I&feature=youtu.be"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DBBwpTsV3I&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

DSCN5202.jpg

DSCN5197.jpg

Last edited:
Spent yesterday with my friends trying to help comfort them while one of their dogs was dying from the antifreeze poisoning. The guy who poisoned them likes to keep an animal trap with canned dog food in it to lure in neighborhood pets so he can kill them. He's been doing it for years. He probably didn't expect anyone to go to the cops about it, but my friends took their dogs to the vet and had them tested for poisons-- found the antifreeze. They called the cops. The cops found his setup and there was a bowl of antifreeze right next to the trap. They took pictures and collected the evidence.

Anyway, last night was horrible. Vets were all closed and the dog Harley (who has some young puppies) had multiple seizures and started spasming/convulsing. My friends were totally freaking out and crying. I calmed them down a bit, but it was just so hard to watch. It lasted over 10 hours before she finally died this morning. I took video footage of some of it to give to the cops so they can use it in court against the scumbag. The other dog has kidney failure but we don't know if she's going to make it. Unfortunately, the way the laws are, I think maximum sentence is 6 months-- unless they can add some charge against him for putting a toxic substance in a bowl out in the open where children could get in to it.

We are all just beyond angry and sad about this. Don't suppose anyone wants to come out here and have some target practice on this guy's trailer...

The cops definitely want to get this guy though.

Last edited:
zanne
I know of a fella that bought some land that had a graveyard on the property.
he pushed the tombstones into the river with a dozer.
his house caught on fire one night, then when he rebuilt, damned if his new house didn't catch on fire also.
he moved away after that. I hope he went all electric in his next house

zanne
I know of a fella that bought some land that had a graveyard on the property.
he pushed the tombstones into the river with a dozer.
his house caught on fire one night, then when he rebuilt, damned if his new house didn't catch on fire also.
he moved away after that. I hope he went all electric in his next house
LOL. Well, the cops know who this guy is. We know his name and the cops are seriously pissed off. They want to get him. I just wish that 6 months wasn't the maximum sentence. But I think the guy will probably get run out of the neighborhood after he gets out. We will make sure of that.

LOL. Well, the cops know who this guy is. We know his name and the cops are seriously pissed off. They want to get him. I just wish that 6 months wasn't the maximum sentence. But I think the guy will probably get run out of the neighborhood after he gets out. We will make sure of that.

Nope, you should keep him there where everyone knows him. If you run him out of town, Frodo will have to deal with him

I found out the guy's name and told the vet and people at the animal shelter who he is. We're going to spread the word everywhere we can about what a colossal p.o.s. he is.

This is my friends' dog Naga. She's the only one who survived the poisoning thus far. But her kidneys are failing so we don't know if she's going to last long. We have her on an IV drip because she keeps throwing up and she won't eat.
tumblr_op3v5gFFL01qkwd9ao2_1280.jpg

Meanwhile, I got the airbag recall taken care of on my brother's truck. The dealership has a free shuttle service so they took us to Golden Corral while it was being worked on and picked us up when we were done eating. Wish I'd known about that service before. Would have been nice. They are claiming it needs all sorts of work-- so I guess Chris was right. LOL. I think they said it would be $4k for all of the fixes they claim it needs. But my mechanic friend said he can do all of the stuff for free if we buy the parts. Dealership wanted us to buy parts from them, but we are getting them elsewhere so we won't pay up the wazoo. Only thing we are letting them do is the timing belts bc that's a pita.

Last edited:
have they thought about putting the animal down ?

have they thought about putting the animal down ?
They had to this morning. She seemed to be doing ok for awhile but this morning she started hemorrhaging from her eyes and vomiting massive amounts of blood. My friend rescued her as a tiny puppy and bottle fed her so she's absolutely devastated. That was her baby.

I really hope they arrest the culprit soon.

They had to this morning. She seemed to be doing ok for awhile but this morning she started hemorrhaging from her eyes and vomiting massive amounts of blood. My friend rescued her as a tiny puppy and bottle fed her so she's absolutely devastated. That was her baby.

Will the police need lab results from the dog?

my sympathies.

they won't do anything but a slap on the wrist

I am really leaning towards community discipline more and more as our court system does nothing.
I know it's wrong, but do not care anymore

my sympathies.

they won't do anything but a slap on the wrist

I am really leaning towards community discipline more and more as our court system does nothing.
I know it's wrong, but do not care anymore

The trouble with that is, as soon as someone does that the court system seems to work fine.:hide:

Loading trailers today, buyer of my house wants to meet in an hour. I never like that part

I looked up the laws and apparently if he has ever been busted for animal cruelty before it would be a 2nd offense and he can get up to 10 years. But I don't know if he's ever been caught. The cops certainly want him to go to jail and my friends and I will all testify in court that he deserves jailtime. Especially since he put out bait to lure the animals over and it wasn't like he just put out antifreeze to kill animals that happened to go over there. Also, the way it works, he's in a trailer park and the land where he put the trap does not belong to him. I don't know if that makes much difference legally though. I'm hoping they will push the angle that there are a lot of children in the area who could have gotten in to the antifreeze.

Problem is unless he confesses to setting out the antifreeze, or there is a witness to him doing it, it will never go anywhere. BTW, animal control services seems to care about these crimes much more than the typical patrol cop.

Last edited:
Problem is unless he confesses to setting out the antifreeze, or there is a witness to him doing it, it will never go anywhere. BTW, animal control services seems to care about these crimes much more than the typical patrol cop.
Animal control is nonexistent here. The bowl of antifreeze was next to the guy's trailer next to a trap with canned dog food. It probably has the guy's fingerprints all over it. Neighbors have seen him putting out the trap in the past-- even without poison, he uses it to trap people's pets and kill them. Of course, I don't know if the local cops would think to check for fingerprints, they aren't exactly the most efficient police force. But they do really want to get this guy so hopefully they will actually check.

Meanwhile, the stupid lever thingamabob (that senses when the float is up or down in my water holding tank for my well) hasn't been working right. The arm thingy doesn't move so it doesn't trigger the pump to turn on when the tank gets low. So my jet pump keeps trying to push water when the tank is empty. I've had to go out and jiggle the lever 3 times this week to get the other pump to turn on to fill the tank. I don't even know what the correct name for the thingamabob is, but I want to get it replaced.
tumblr_op7e18nbHO1qkwd9ao4_1280.jpg

The one thing that made our little town different than every other town burned to the ground yesterday. Our old house we restored is just down the block from the Riverside Inn opened 132 years ago. Just around the time our house was also built. The night before we wanted to eat out and stopped at the bowling alley for wings and they were packed and no tables so I suggested we go over to the inn for dinner. We ate in the newly redone bar room and had a wonderful meal and then strolled around inside looking at all the antiques. It had a dinner theater and ball room and was full of history of the area. We never thought when we left the building wouldn’t be there 132 more years. I slept thru the night and heading out to work yesterday I couldn’t get down the street as firemen had it blocked in every direction. Between 1:00AM and 5:00AM it had burned to the ground only thing left was the front porch as that was where the trucks poured two million gallons of water on it. Someone said 20 fire companies replied and we slept thru the whole thing.

Devastating to the town actually as every business in town is kept busy by the people the hotel brought in. lots of antique shops and eateries and such.

Makes one realize how important a role modern construction plays in safety. Fortunately all the guests and workers got out safe and two firemen were injured not fire related though.

It is odd how attached a community can become to a building it really was the social center of our town.

Just thought I would share as I don’t know if I had mentioned the inn much in the past but it was a big reason we bought the fixer upper where we did.

http://www.theriversideinn.com/
http://www.yourerie.com/news/local-...y-in-shock-after-riverside-inn-fire/705125448
:(

Latest posts

Back