What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL.

Today I went over to my friend's house to hang out. He and his latest ex-gf are currently in the friendzone with the possibility of dating once they both get their acts together. Things calmed down with the twunty ex and my friend is still going to sell her the trailer (because she's paying him more than he put in to it and he needs the $). He's going to stay at my house while he fixes his place up and in return he's going to troubleshoot the electrical to see if he can figure out why the lights don't work on the porch and front room and he's going to help fix some stuff up that I can't do myself.

But the most amusing thing of the day was that his twunt ex came over to feed her dog (she left her dog in his yard and has to come inside to get the food to feed the dog). Normally she hangs around and tries to antagonize the nice ex and cause problems-- but this time she saw me and was intimidated. She muttered "hi" to me and then got the food and got the hell out. My friend had gone to the bathroom to shave and when he came out he was like "She's gone already?" and I told him that I apparently made her really uncomfortable so she fled. So, now they know that if she's bugging them, they just have to call me over and she'll leave. LOL.

After that I went over to Pizza Hut and one of my friends who works there was feeling really crappy. She'd dealt with a lot of rude customers (the local church group people who never tip) and was exhausted. I helped her clear the tables because she was too lightheaded to carry stuff and then I swept the floors for her. The brooms absolutely suck so I went to Walmart to get some Mucinex and medicine for my mother and I snagged a decent broom from the cleaning aisle and then headed back to Pizza Hut and handed the broom to my brother. He's going to put his name on it and possibly draw a **** on it too.

Last edited by a moderator:
We just had a tornado warning. Seems to be pretty much past us now. We were hit about a year and a half ago by an Ef3, so we take those sirens seriously.

Glad it passed..:)
Good luck to those not so lucky

Sirens went off two times here, but we only had rain, thunder, lightning and some wind. Ottawa, about 45 minutes from us got hit pretty hard it sounds like. reports are sketchy so far.

One confirmed death in yesterday's Tornado, in Ottawa.

Last edited:
My best friend went to go hang with some other friends and got drunk so I took his gf home so she wouldn't be stuck with his rude house guests alone.

I have to vent about these house guests-- typical abusers of the system. Guy is a former convicted drug dealer. He and his wife (who is due to have a baby any day) have two children already. Neither one are employed. They came in to my friend's home with no $ to help pay for the bills or buy food but somehow they have the $ to buy cigarettes, marijuana, and booze. They sit around drinking and smoking all day (they were told no smoking in the house, but my friend came home to the smell of weed in his bedroom-- which they are not supposed to enter). They use his electricity and a lot of water and eat all of his food. When their hands are idle they use their phones (not sure how they can even have cellphones) to access the internet and harass and trash-talk my friend's girlfriend. These are grown a** adults with children and they are ganging up on and bullying a 19-year-old girl. I believe they are both in their 30s.

My friend brought home a pizza the other day and didn't get to touch it. The house guests ate it all without even asking. They used up all of the toilet paper and then the gf bought some more. But then it disappeared. Turns out the house guests hide it and only told the twunty ex about it and didn't want her to let the gf know where it was (bc they have teamed up with the twunt to try to make the girl miserable). The gf bought some mouthwash and caught the pregnant woman straight up drinking it directly from the bottle. Almost all of my friend's towels have gone missing as well. For a brief time, the guy stole the gf's house key off her keychain and claimed he "lost" it. But he was locking and unlocking the door so my friend called him out on it and he returned the key to him (not to the gf). But, the guy is still unlocking and locking the door so he must have had a copy made.

The house guests just got $7k from their tax returns and won't even supply any food or help with the water or electric bill and they are just taking from my friend instead. The only reason my friend hasn't kicked them out yet is bc of the kids-- and he said he's just about to tell them the kids can stay and they can gfto. He's going to start bringing stuff over to my house to make sure they don't steal it when they do leave.

He was going to change the locks, but I told him that if he's selling it to the twunt, it can be her problem.

TL:DR? Now you know why I don't like people. LOL.

They got money, kick them out before they are broke again. Not sure why he is inviting issues into his life

They got money, kick them out before they are broke again. Not sure why he is inviting issues into his life

Because he's one of those people who wants to help others and ends up getting walked all over. Initially the male house guest called him and asked for a lift to a homeless shelter just before Christmas. Said he and his pregnant wife and their two kids had been put out of his mother's house for refusing to buy her a beer. My friend didn't want to see the kids and the pregnant wife going to a homeless shelter so he offered to let them stay for a bit. They were supposed to leave once they got their tax returns. They already have a place to rent, but they need the electricity turned on before they can move in. And unfortunately, the person who does the inspections and allows electricity to be turned on can be a bit of an *** and doesn't show up for appointments. Some of my friends got stood up for 2 weeks by the guy-- took time off work to wait all day for him and he never showed.

Although, my friend is about ready to tell them to go deal without electricity and GFTO of his place.

Meanwhile, his twunty ex had the stupidity to go to my brother's workplace and ask him for the house key (she still hasn't bought the place). My bro refused to give it to her so she left.

I need to get more of a life so the small town soap opera thing isn't mostly what I have to report on. LOL.

Today, (well, technically yesterday since it's after midnight) I scrubbed mom's feet and took her to a podiatrist so she could get her teeth checked out. She takes good care of her fingernails, but her toenails were a mess so the podiatrist took care of that. She's got some kind of fungus on a couple of her toenails and a combination of oral medication and topical stuff didn't get rid of it. The podiatrist explained that the fungus came from the root of the toenail and that if you kill it at the root (with oral medication) that the fungus will go away when the toenail grows long enough and the infected part is cut off.

We went to the Chinese buffet and Mom had sushi. Then we went to Sam's and the checkout line was wrapped around the aisles but Mom managed to sneak over to the other side in the riding cart and a guy told her to go ahead of him (while I was holding her place in line). She called me to tell me she had checked out so I could get out of line.

Since my mother observes Lent, I made a batch of tunafish with chopped pickles and celery and made her a sandwich for dinner (which is what she wanted). I hid the tunafish because last time my brother saw it he ate almost all of it in a couple of days.

I also put some kind of cream on my mother's toes (around her toenails) for the toes that have fungus on them to see if it will possibly get rid of the fungus. I'm expecting her to page me any moment now to come wipe it off (since it is supposed to sit for awhile and then be wiped off).

Snowblowin.... watching the snow come down in sheets.
About 18 inches and still blowing strong. Everything is already cancelled for tomorrow so we can all dig out.

All my buds are in Florida...at bike week..

Picked up flea medicine for a couple of my cats who have really bad reactions to fleas and took one of my kitties for his vaccines. I still need to take more of them in for vaccines. He was very well behaved and actually snuggled with the vet. Even though something was wrong with one of the syringes and she stuck him more than 5 times before going to get another syringe, he didn't cry or squirm. I gave him some lunchmeat and snuggled him when we got home.

Meanwhile, I've been doing research on windows.

GO!!!!!!!!!!!!,,,AND come back with some cool video

Hey Chris. That is a dream of a lifetime. My neighbor runs the p-51 supply house next door to the planes of fame museum. Don't forget to go to Flo's Restaurant while you are there.

Latest posts

Back