What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chris, that sounds absolutely awesome! I hope you get to go and have fun!

So far today I've been trying to get my brain to wake up-- but it is not cooperating. It wants to be in sloth mode. Some of my "plumbing" issues are back and if they don't clear up in a few days I'm going to have to call the doctor again.

inspectorD, are you in one of the areas with blizzards? I have a few friends in CT and they were telling me there were blizzard warnings and snow was piling up high.

Meanwhile, it's like 48 degrees here-- but what we lack in snow we make up for in rain.

inspectorD, are you in one of the areas with blizzards? I have a few friends in CT and they were telling me there were blizzard warnings and snow was piling up high.

Meanwhile, it's like 48 degrees here-- but what we lack in snow we make up for in rain.

Officially 21 inches of snow.. however we live with that stuff over here in the hills.
50 mph winds make for some good sized drifts though.

Upstate VT received over 50 inches at my buddies house...yikes.

We got 18” but I didn’t even plow. Normal snowfall for here.

The reason I didn’t plow is when it was 77 a week ago I racked all the gravel back and the spring flowers are up 4” and I don’t want to pile snow on them. It will be gone soon enough.

I remember getting a good amount of snow when I lived in Virginia over 30 years ago. It was fun as a kid, but I know it must be a pain for adults. I've already had some friends in snowy areas report that relatives slipped on ice and broke their arms.

Meanwhile, if we get an inch of snow in Louisiana, everything shuts down. Local stores don't really sell any products to deal with snow and ice and people just don't know what to do.

That is super that you had a ride in that plane. Not too sure about that upside down business.

fantastic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nice pictures...

Awsome pics, Chris. I'm glad you enjoyed it and kept your lunch down.

Today I took my kitty to the vet for her monthly shots (she has to get a steroid and B-12). On the way in I saw an abandoned dog (white pit bull with beige spots). I saw her last week closer to the blacktop and it seems she's traveled a few miles deeper into the woods. She can't put weight on her rear left leg and she was absolutely starving-- ribs sticking out. I stopped and opened up a bag of dog food we hadn't unloaded yet and put a few scoops out. I didn't see her on the way back home. I told my brother to keep an eye out for her and to take some food in case he sees her. Seriously thinking of bringing her home, but I don't know how she would get along with my other dogs and cats. She was very friendly to me though.

I've also been looking for medical alert bracelets for my brother to take on his trip to Japan. Called the local medical supply shops but most closed at 1pm today and the one that was still open doesn't sell them. Can't order online since it wouldn't arrive in time for his trip.

But I did see something that I thought was cool and made me think of Frodo: Paracord medical alert bracelets.
ParacordBlack_red_lrg.jpg

They want about $40 for them. Looks like it's a standard paracord bracelet with the metal tag stuck on the front.

So, I'm filling out a form to print out a medical card for my brother for free.

Back