Hobbies other than home repair.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a musician. I also do swim (no racing though, I'm not yet fast enough, but I can't deny I am working hard for racing and life-saving). Obviously, I also like the TL games. That's why I've become a forum Senior Member within 4 days of logging in.

Hey Inspector DoDo, we're still waiting on those pics of the caboose you built. Surely the rains stopped by now...:rolleyes:

Umm...err well, ummmm, I.... OK I'll get to work on that.
Our Ambulance building just passed our town vote referendum tonight, after alllllll that work to get there I need another Vacation....I'm gonna be a lot bussier than I want. :eek:

Umm...err well, ummmm, I.... OK I'll get to work on that.
Our Ambulance building just passed our town vote referendum tonight, after alllllll that work to get there I need another Vacation....I'm gonna be a lot bussier than I want. :eek:

Sounds like its for a good cause tho...

No real order as well

Metal Fab (Also part of my profession)
Re-loading (9mm, M1, .223)
Anything automotive related ranging from Antique cars to Offroad Trucks
Home Repair and upgrades (Thus finding this forum)

Pretty much anything mechanical, constructive, deconstructive

No real order as well

Metal Fab (Also part of my profession)
Re-loading (9mm, M1, .223)
Anything automotive related ranging from Antique cars to Offroad Trucks
Home Repair and upgrades (Thus finding this forum)

Pretty much anything mechanical, constructive, deconstructive

You'll fit in just fine around here...got any extra .223?

Building and repairing computers for about 15 years now it's fizzling away now with new tech and tablets.

Mark Potter Capital Projects

Building and repairing computers for about 15 years now it's fizzling away now with new tech and tablets.

Yeah, repair has been outdated by the word upgrade, but I still am not a fan of tablets and I rock 2 desktops at home to keep my tech. side at bay. Keep your skills up to date and there will always be a need for computer guys.

ME87 said:
Yeah, repair has been outdated by the word upgrade, but I still am not a fan of tablets and I rock 2 desktops at home to keep my tech. side at bay. Keep your skills up to date and there will always be a need for computer guys.

Thanks ME87!

I used to have hobbys but have three houses and a boat have cut into my fun time.
So now DIY is my full time job.
I've had three camping trailers in the past 10 years and have never spent even one night in them. I bought them cheap, fixed them up, sold at a profit and when out and bought another one.
Now I've just bought a 18' bass boat with a 150 HP motor that I got for $1.200.00 and I'll bet I never get to go fishing because I've already been offered $1,800.00.

joecaption said:
I used to have hobbys but have three houses and a boat have cut into my fun time.
So now DIY is my full time job.
I've had three camping trailers in the past 10 years and have never spent even one night in them. I bought them cheap, fixed them up, sold at a profit and when out and bought another one.
Now I've just bought a 18' bass boat with a 150 HP motor that I got for $1.200.00 and I'll bet I never get to go fishing because I've already been offered $1,800.00.

Kudos to you joe,
I wish I had 3 houses and a boat for a hobby lol. I would take that 18 hundred and run that's crazy profit!

I like to work out. I'm real big into triathlons. I'm always at the community pool swimming. (when the weather is warm enough)

Isola96 I used to make my living by wheeling and dealing and had a blast doing it. I'd be given a older 30 ft. camping trailer made back when they made as good as they could, just to get it off there property, I'd clean it up and put it on Creigs's list for sale for $1000.00 and sell it two days later.
I bought a camping trailer for $500.00 sold it for $1700.00 because it was on a lot within 10 ft. or the Chesapeake bay, took that money and bought a 24" sail boat, when I went to pick it up the man was moving so he also gave me a 75 hp. Evenrude, a 9 HP Crysler, and a 1998 6 HP Johnson long shaft for the sail boat and only paid $900.00 for the boat motor and trailer. I sold 2 of the motors, made all my money back and 4 years later sold the sale boat for $1000.00.

joecaption said:
Isola96 I used to make my living by wheeling and dealing and had a blast doing it. I'd be given a older 30 ft. camping trailer made back when they made as good as they could, just to get it off there property, I'd clean it up and put it on Creigs's list for sale for $1000.00 and sell it two days later.
I bought a camping trailer for $500.00 sold it for $1700.00 because it was on a lot within 10 ft. or the Chesapeake bay, took that money and bought a 24" sail boat, when I went to pick it up the man was moving so he also gave me a 75 hp. Evenrude, a 9 HP Crysler, and a 1998 6 HP Johnson long shaft for the sail boat and only paid $900.00 for the boat motor and trailer. I sold 2 of the motors, made all my money back and 4 years later sold the sale boat for $1000.00.

That's insane lol cool story Joe!

You guys have some great hobbies!
Like many of you I don't have nearly enough time in my day to enjoy them. :rolleyes: ;)

I gave up musclecars and street racing years ago, but had a 1965 Plymouth Satellite, 426 cu.in. Commando Street Wedge- Oh Baby!!

Currently in no particular order:

-fishing
-boating
-woodworking
-Christmas Ales
-shooting
-when waxing philosophical- studying: life after death, heaven/hell, creation/evolution, hypnosis, etc. (you know, light reading) ;)
-Wing Chun, and other martial arts
-eating great meals made with wine sauces
-mowing the yard... NOT!!
-and did I say fishing?! :D

Last edited:
Bringing this one back......

My hobbies are:

Fishing
Hunting
Boating
Building Jeeps
working on something in the garage