Hobbies other than home repair.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My list of hobbies has gotten shorter over the years.

-Sleeping
-Researching stuff on the internet
-Looking at pictures on the internet
-Sleeping
-Hanging out with my cats
-Sleeping
-Playing computer games
-Playing around with graphics
-Creating custom content for video games
-Sleeping
-Participating in online discussions (some for tv shows and others for home improvement)
-Sleeping

I used to like hiking, fishing, martial arts, aerobics, reading comic books, and some more outdoorsy stuff. Now its all indoor stuff.

People who enjoy hitting things with hammers also enjoy:

Beating their wives
Beating their kids
Beating anyone !
Hunting and killing, fishing, guns, traps etc.

Other activities include BEER. Crack and hookers. Cars and yes TRUCKS with big tires. Ski do's, power boating. Don't forget eating and BBQ's. If that gets boring there is always the KKK.

That's because home repairs is not real life. Life does not work like hitting a nail with a hammer. But they never get it.

People who enjoy hitting things with hammers also enjoy:

Beating their wives
Beating their kids
Beating anyone !
Hunting and killing, fishing, guns, traps etc.

Other activities include BEER. Crack and hookers. Cars and yes TRUCKS with big tires. Ski do's, power boating. Don't forget eating and BBQ's. If that gets boring there is always the KKK.

That's because home repairs is not real life. Life does not work like hitting a nail with a hammer. But they never get it.

Hey,,, just because a Guy enjoys hammering , doesn't make it as you see it,
and yes I do enjoy,
Beating my wife at strip poker,
Beating my kids to the last piece of cake,
Beating Oldog to the ...oh never mind, thats too easy...
I like beer, trucks, and bbq..... and a whole bunch of other stuff..

Wait... what where we talkin about again??:beer:... I'm just generalizing for no apparent reason other than to hear myself babble...;)

Wait... what where we talkin about again??:beer:... I'm just generalizing for no apparent reason other than to hear myself babble...;)

We were talking about you sending some maple syrup, or do I need to drive up there in my camo, toting my guns, driving my big ol pickup with big tires, dragging my significant other with her black eye with me to get some? You forgot the banjo music we so much love here in the south.

I actually enjoy home repair. It is not my business but maybe one day it will be. I always have some sort of project going on and I am sure once this house is done I will sell it to start another one.

I'm being sarcastic but there is some truth to it. If you are working with an object or tools all the time rather than a human beings there is tenancy to become desocialized. Job sites become another world outside of civilized reality. New rules come in place a sort of jungle.

For us it is like a family environment. We have to take care if each other. Especially when in a twenty foot deep trench.

A guy who works solo - maybe a handyman - who works in empty buildings may get de-socialized, but any crew should feel pretty much like a team. I think computer geeks have a much higher risk of being de-socialized.

Yes, yes we do.

There are days I don't leave my house, but of course I'm socializing here with you so that compensates.

I've got an iPhone, I can't get away from it. Seldom use the PC anymore. Seemed like a good idea when I got this stupid thing, now I'm wondering why.

Back