Frozen Electrician's Pliers

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least shackdweller came back and gave us a final update :thbup: which is more than I can say about others that leave us hanging.

Yep I always give a like to returning posters that like Paul Harvey let us know the rest of the story. :)

the quickest way is to get a 6 pack of beer and a can of WD40.open a can of beer and drink half, then squirt a little WD 40 on the pliers and drink some more beer, squirt some more wd40 and drink some more beer. work the pliers and drink some more beer and wirk the pliers.By now the plkeeries shood be gettin luce and have some moor beer. work the beer a little until the pliers taste fine. . spray sum more wd40 on the beer and and drink the pliers. By now you shood be pretty loose and to hell with the pliers

First, apple cider vinegar is the BEST rust remover for anything. Soak your item in the vinegar for a day and the rust will dissolve, leaving a browned finish. Cheaper than Coke also, LOL.
And the BEST penetrating solution, bar none, is KROIL. Mechanics everywhere swear by it and so do I. Order direct: http://www.kanolabs.com/penLub.html#anchor173855

Dave Mason

so,if I give my mother in law some apple cider,she should disappear?

See, I told you KROIL was popular. I buy it in the aerosol can though.

Try good old home made penetrating oil. It's all I use anymore. Mix acetone and ATF 50/50. Works great.

See, I told you KROIL was popular. I buy it in the aerosol can though.

mix a little acetone in with the kroil it will clean and lube at the same time
saves me time
have you ever tried to clean the action on a Remington sports-master 512
22?
you have to tear it apart to get the gunk out 2 or 3 hour job
but, little squirt and she is good to go. LOL

mix a little acetone in with the kroil it will clean and lube at the same time
saves me time
have you ever tried to clean the action on a Remington sports-master 512
22?
you have to tear it apart to get the gunk out 2 or 3 hour job
but, little squirt and she is good to go. LOL

You want nasty grimly grunge try an M60 Machine gun that fired blanks:hide:
Worse, at the time nobody told us about the carb cleaner in the shower method. I think that beats tranny fluid and kroil hands down..

We were given such electric pliers and other equipment when we went to order to customers. These electric pliers are a very good and reliable tool, even after I left this company and became a self-employed electrician, I purchased such a tool from a construction store. They cost about a hundred and fifty dollars, but to be honest, I didn't spare a cent when I paid for them.
You apparently did not notice that you are commenting on a 5 year old thread. Don't feel bad; it happens a lot.

Regarding the original topic, coke & vinegar work on rust because they are weak acids. Acids react with the iron oxide (rust) AND with the iron. A strong acid will blitz the rust and start eating the tool. With weak acids you can stop the process before the acid starts eating steel below the rust. The process is (obviously) a whole lot more complicated than that (just ask Mr. Google.).

We were given such electric pliers and other equipment when we went to order to customers. These electric pliers are a very good and reliable tool, even after I left this company and became a self-employed electrician, I purchased such a tool from a construction store. They cost about a hundred and fifty dollars, but to be honest, I didn't spare a cent when I paid for them.
What brand pliers did you purchase? In my area prices seem to run $22-$60. Surprisingly many prefer the lower cost ones. so they must be reliable.

Last edited:
What brand pliers did you purchase? In my area prices seem to run $22-$60. Surprisingly many prefer the lower cost ones. so they must be reliable.
There's a guy on youtube goes by name Project Farm that tests all kinds of tools for strength, durability, and quality... before buying a tool, may want to check and see if he tested it... there's often little correlation between price and quality... although USA and German made tools tend to test high quality...

When I read a strangely worded post it sets off alarms. Another forum where I have membership has been flooded with such and is now useless. Here is an example;
I am very enjoyed for this blog. Its an informative topic. It help me very much to solve some problems. Its opportunity are so fantastic and working style so speedy.​

That is what the mods do around here. Some members are on our radar currently, but until they try to post a huperlink, an ad, or confirm they are from a communist country, we let them simmer, waiting to sever their heads and permaban them.

That is what the mods do around here. Some members are on our radar currently, but until they try to post a huperlink, an ad, or confirm they are from a communist country, we let them simmer, waiting to sever their heads and permaban them.
It is easy for members to be unaware of great work by mods to keep dreck off the site. However, I wonder why residence in any country is grounds for banishment. I can see show someone from a communist or third world country might join US forum groups as an aid to learning English and maybe to get DIY tips.

Oh yeah, it is the entire ip address, location and content. We will help anyone. On our plumbing forum, there is a guy from Portugal right now asking how to fix a toilet. We help anyone but usually if from Mumbai or Russia, their first post will be a link to either a business or a link that will infect me.

When I read a strangely worded post it sets off alarms. Another forum where I have membership has been flooded with such and is now useless. Here is an example;
I am very enjoyed for this blog. Its an informative topic. It help me very much to solve some problems. Its opportunity are so fantastic and working style so speedy.​
I get about 20 emails daily worded like that... it obviously went through an online translator from another language...

Back