What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frodo, apparently there are charges for using Etsy. 20 cents to list something and 3.5% of whatever you charged for it (not including sales tax and shipping).
Someone broke down the costs: https://www.etsy.com/teams/7722/discussions/discuss/15395983/

There is no longer a free for editing your listing.

I do know that some people sell things via Deviantart.com as well but I don't know if there are any fees for that.

My bro posted a bunch of pictures from Japan. He went to a bird cafe where there were live owls sitting around. There was a sign that cautioned people that the owls above would poop without warning. He also went to a cat cafe where there were a bunch of cats. I guess it's for people who can't have pets or don't have time for them who want to get to see them. He went to some old temples and seems to really be enjoying himself.

Pasting from another post because I'm lazy.
Around 8:30pm last night the power went out. I'd already made soup for my brother (Mom woke me up to cook for him) and Mom had a salad I got for her. I hadn't eaten so I decided to go into town to grab something. I noticed the traffic lights were out. Kept driving and found all the fast food places were dark. I drove out to Walmart and it was dark. I pulled in to the parking lot to turn around and noticed carts slung all over the place, trash can lids, and random debris. I saw police cars over at the gas station and saw that the roof of the gas station was scattered in the parking lot. Apparently a tornado touched down last night. I immediately headed over to check on my friends in a trailer park and saw the police were blocking off several roads. Friends were fine but had no power. They asked me to drive them around so we could look at the damage. By the time we got back to Walmart the lights were back on, but the employees were at the door turning customers away.
I parked in a handicap spot and called home to tell them what was going on. As I was talking to my brother, some jerk in a white truck pulled up and stopped next to a riding cart. He jumped out and then picked up the riding cart and tried to put it in the back of his truck but it was too heavy so he dropped it. He was right in front of the store with lights on him, employees looking, and the security cameras were probably on. He then jumped back in his truck and took off. Meanwhile, my friends and I were saying "Did that idiot really just try to steal a riding cart? WTF?" Then we had a good laugh about it. But seriously? WTF is wrong with people? What a moron!
But that just gives you an idea of what this town is like.
Later today I'm going to drive in and see how bad the damage is. I know the tornado hit Maple St but I want to see if my elderly friend's houses on Oak St are ok.

snapped this out the kitchen window bout 10 minutes ago
he is about 50 yards off

DSCN5113.jpg

Thats neat, I love wildlife.

I loaded two projects onto my trailer to take to Idaho Thursday. Put my free charger and my jeep on there and wish I had bought a bigger trailer. I have about three inches to spare, hope nothing comes loose on the way.

Heading to idaho today after turning the water on at the golf course we repiped and switched to reclaimed. Anyone up for a road trip? Neal I think I won't be living to far from you up there.

Drive safely, Chris.

My body has decided to go into the mucus production business-- it's non-profit and highly unpleasant. I threw up in the kitchen trash last night and I haven't been able to drive for the past couple of days. I'm hoping this crud will clear up soon.

My phone lines are out because of flooding-- the boxes with the wires are currently underwater so there is nothing the phone company can do about it until the water goes down and the boxes dry out.

Still haven't done anything productive...............Still short of planning. feeling lazy...............

put a metal roof on a dog house then went to the river and waded around while looking for drift wood

let the dog swim and chase sticks.

Mississippi river and Louisiana bridge, state line

I wanted a picture of the paddle boats, but they were out on the river

we have two gambling paddle boats that go up and down the river

DSCN5124.jpg

DSCN5125.jpg

DSCN5126.jpg

DSCN5127.jpg

DSCN5128.jpg

Between Chris and Frodo I feel like I’m on vacation.

Enjoying the pics men. Keep em coming.

McCall creek after the storm this is usually only 20'across
DSCN5095.jpg
low water bridge by my house, this is where i go to wade around and get cool

you can park up on the left and there are camp sites along the river
this is national forest land
DSCN5096.jpg
the water was over the bridge

Back