What's your Temp?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, whens the snow contest start?

It is on right now. I keep watching the forecast. The old farmers are saying it is going to be a dandy. As soon as I see my first wooly bear I will know for sure. .

No updates?

She found a wooly bear the other day.

It was all black no band. This is not going to be pretty.

I worked on the plow over the weekend a little. Just about time to get it mounted. I had it on the truck in July one year driving to work as I was dropping it off at a guy to get it welded and painted. 5:00 am I get pulled over by two city cops and they pull alongside me roll down the window and say don’t you know there is a law against putting the plow on in July. I said to be honest I didn’t. they both started laughing and said well there should be, as I drove past them I ruined a beautiful summer night for them. I told them it was going to the paint shop and they said ok don’t let it happen again and drove off. So now I wait till snow is called for.

Time to pick what’s left in the garden and start racking leaves. Oh ya and the other 30 summer projects I put off doing.

Yesterday we set a record high at 75 degrees today is supposed to be a normal fall day cool and rain, tomorrow we are getting 10 to 20 inches of lake effect snow. Bring it on the snow race is on.

I took yesterday off to work on fall leaves and stuff I didn’t get to, even mowed the grass for one last time before spring. Cleaned gutters and almost got to the snow tires so I guess they will go on this morning. I did mount the plow on the truck and found my 6 buckle artics.

If we do get hit I’ll post some pics.

Well it is that time of year again. We have had a pretty dismal start to the snow race but there is a lot of winter to go still. We are currently in 6th place out at the airport where they measure with 14.8” Syracuse is already posting 38”. We got a good deal overnight so maybe we will move up a spot. Out where I live now about 15 miles from the lake we are well over 3’ now. It is all about location I90 and south about 10 miles is where the snow belt really is.

We are not too far off our normal pace so anything can happen.

Click the link to join in on the fun.

http://goldensnowglobe.com/all-snowiest-us-cities/

Well it is that time of year again. We have had a pretty dismal start to the snow race but there is a lot of winter to go still. We are currently in 6th place out at the airport where they measure with 14.8” Syracuse is already posting 38”. We got a good deal overnight so maybe we will move up a spot. Out where I live now about 15 miles from the lake we are well over 3’ now. It is all about location I90 and south about 10 miles is where the snow belt really is.

We are not too far off our normal pace so anything can happen.

Click the link to join in on the fun.

http://goldensnowglobe.com/all-snowiest-us-cities/

We got 14" on the weekend and with the wind we are getting we can shovel the same snow everyday:trophy:

We got 14" on the weekend and with the wind we are getting we can shovel the same snow everyday:trophy:

Same here. Coming to work this morning when I would pass an open farm it was snowing 10’ per hour sideways. Might be some big drifts come tonight. White outs are the worst.

Same here. Coming to work this morning when I would pass an open farm it was snowing 10’ per hour sideways. Might be some big drifts come tonight. White outs are the worst.

This is way to early for us. But this is nice powder, usually we get that heavy slippery snot.

66 degrees wearing shorts and a t-shirt bbqing. This will be the only thing I miss about California

Don't worry the cold is not new to me. And the extreme heat in our summers here is not any better either.

This morning it was in the 30's and moist, felt like I was gonna die then it jumped to 75 and I was sweating. It just can't make up its mind

Around here there is a saying, If you don’t like the weather in Erie just wait 5 minutes.

I’m sure it applies to a good many places.

Latest posts

Back