Funny Pictures and stories....

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"a week's worth of groceries...." LOL!
Any idea if it's a good winter car?

With a dozen cases of beer in the back and rear wheel drive I bet it goes good in the snow. What do you do for heat is the big question.

This carbon footprint stuff is nutty. Its ok you are driving around with no footprint but the guy making the electric is paying thru the nose for his footprint, and will be passing it on because that’s how it works. Road tax is hidden in fuel costs but when you plug into your 120v outlet it thinks you are a toaster not a car. To top it off they cant keep up with the power demand as it is but cant wait to dump all the transportation on top of it. The trouble with wind and solar is where it is windy and sunny people don’t live. Put it in the grid and run it to the people and resistance eats it up. So they want super high voltage transmission lines across the country and all the states along the way say what’s in it for us? By the time you pay everyone off for wrecking their views nothing is saved even if they will let you build the line.

With a dozen cases of beer in the back and rear wheel drive I bet it goes good in the snow. What do you do for heat is the big question.

This carbon footprint stuff is nutty. Its ok you are driving around with no footprint but the guy making the electric is paying thru the nose for his footprint, and will be passing it on because that’s how it works. Road tax is hidden in fuel costs but when you plug into your 120v outlet it thinks you are a toaster not a car. To top it off they cant keep up with the power demand as it is but cant wait to dump all the transportation on top of it. The trouble with wind and solar is where it is windy and sunny people don’t live. Put it in the grid and run it to the people and resistance eats it up. So they want super high voltage transmission lines across the country and all the states along the way say what’s in it for us? By the time you pay everyone off for wrecking their views nothing is saved even if they will let you build the line.

I agree, burn coal to make electricity or hydrogen kinda defeats the foot print idea. The fight about transmission lines was lost 100 years ago but new lines where no one lives. ;)

I guess it already died.

That’s because the now-defunct (from making cars at least) ZENN Motors, which ceased production of its low-speed electric vehicles back in 2010, has decided to no longer provide parts or to service the electric vehicles it sold.

12642470_1095803723777117_7646449329750158783_n.jpg

This one cracked me up because I like Queen and I have a Ridgeline.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTaCT8ZmdJA[/ame]

:

Once upon a time there was a king who wanted to go fishing. He called the royal weather forecaster and inquired as to the weather forecast for the next few hours. The weatherman assured him that there was no chance of rain in the coming days.

So the king went fishing with his wife, the queen. On the way he met a farmer on his donkey. Upon seeing the king the farmer said, "Your Majesty, you should return to the palace at once because in just a short time I expect a huge amount of rain to fall in this area".

The king was polite and considerate, he replied: "I hold the palace meteorologist in high regard. He is an extensively educated and experienced professional. And besides, I pay him very high wages. He gave me a very different forecast. I trust him and I will continue on my way."

So he continued on his way. However, a short time later a torrential rain fell from the sky. The King and Queen were totally soaked and their entourage chuckled upon seeing them in such a shameful condition.

Furious, the king returned to the palace and gave the order to fire the professional. Then he summoned the farmer and offered him the prestigious and high paying role of royal forecaster.

The farmer said, "Your Majesty, I do not know anything about forecasting. I obtain my information from my donkey. If I see my donkey's ears drooping, it means with certainty that it will rain."

So the king hired the donkey. And thus began the practice of hiring dumb asses to work in the government and occupy its highest and most influential positions a practice unbroken to this day.

Back