3way switch to 4 lights and fan?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not there and have not seen a list of exactly what equipment you have in hand. however, my suggestion was in response to, "Any help would be awesome", and is the way I would proceed.

It is less equip,, central access and distribution and fewer steps for the occupant.

Being required to travel across a room to change a dimmer setting and then being required to preform a return trip to carry on with the intended function you needed lighting for when you accessed the space, is at the minimum, an inconvenience and for my customers, an insult to their intelligence, as is not being able to operate the ceiling fan with a remote.

Again, it's the KISS principle.

Okay for the fan I can just give it power with no switch and buy a universal remote to hook up to the fan. That was my original plan but decided against it for some reason. As for the "Smart Dimmers" are you able to provide me a link for those from home depot or lowes?

I like the way I have it set up (switch and light wise). So I guess what im really asking, is the wiring plan I have in place up to code? Safe? and Correct?

Okay for the fan I can just give it power with no switch and buy a universal remote to hook up to the fan. That was my original plan but decided against it for some reason. As for the "Smart Dimmers" are you able to provide me a link for those from home depot or lowes?

I'll provide that for you tomorrow evening as I have no need to visit either of those two establishments until tomorrow afternoon.

Please remember that there are lots of people coming here for information and most never ask a question. Any hint of using less wire on a bigger breaker may be a desaster in some cases.

And those cases would be open for discussion in a separate defined thread.

Using bigger breakers and bigger wire on a lighting circuit dosn't make any sence to me as soon enough LEDs will be the norm using less power.
For a home owner to go and buy so many feet of this and so many feet of that when one would do makes less sence, he will end up with more waist than savings.

If the premise lies in strand purchases, rather than bulk, in anticipation of other projects or for that matter, being repurposed for crafts, such as wine/beer bottle tiki torches.

I like the way I have it set up (switch and light wise). So I guess what im really asking, is the wiring plan I have in place up to code? Safe? and Correct?

Sure it will work, as long as it is connected correctly.

However, keep in mind that it is exponentially easier to extend power from a ceiling box, than from a wall box.

I'll provide that for you tomorrow evening as I have no need to visit either of those two establishments until tomorrow afternoon.

In an effort for expediency, I use the lutron maestro series.

In an effort for expediency, I use the lutron maestro series.

Yes, i purchased 2 of those with the companion. So im doing those two for both sides of the room then a switch for the outside and a fan speed switch for the fan. I will wire it like my diagram because that's the way i feel comfortable with as long as its code and safe.

Yes, i purchased 2 of those with the companion. So im doing those two for both sides of the room then a switch for the outside and a fan speed switch for the fan. I will wire it like my diagram because that's the way i feel comfortable with as long as its code and safe.

You do have just like Villa's picture.

Latest posts

Back