Any tips on what building inspectors look out for on final check?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nobes

Reaction score
Probably a daft question... but any tips on what building inspectors look out for on their last visit?

We had full plans approval at the start so previous visits have been quite low key. They advised on fire escape windows (windows in the two existing bedrooms are low to be ground so Regs simultaneously want low opening for escape and high opening to prevent falls...)
building inspections Perth
But now we are nearing the end I guess there will be things that were not on the plans, like staircase, fire escape windows and balustrades (we have a sort of mezzanine landing upstairs).

Any tips would be great so I can try to keep issues to a minimum! Really want to get back in ASAP and stop paying rent!

If you had a reputable general contractor and have made it thru all the inspections to date, I don’t think you have anything to worry about.

I know the process can be daunting and plays on your nerves. Living out of a suitcase is no fun. A month after you get in you will be happy you did it and it will all be in the past. :thumb:

Back