Bonvoyage ca.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least they are giving me a few years to get out before it becomes Northern Mexico.

Although I don't see it ever happening but if it does more power to them. I am sure most all financial supporting members of California will leave before this happens.

Can we toss Philadelphia into California before we let them go.

I’m all for it. Just make sure to close the faucets and pull the electric plugs connecting them before they go. President MoonBeam has a nice ring.

And it wouldn't work out well for California, I bet a lot of business would leave just under the unknown. I wouldn't want my nationwide corporate office to be in the country of California when my work is still done in the United states of America and I can guarantee they are not going to be a business friendly country. They would likely go bankrupt more than they are now and with most all of the money leaving what will they have? Does anyone really believe the people that are paying the most in California are going to stay if they break off? Probably not. Taxes will go up and more people will get sick of it, then you have most all government services being cut. Not a good situation for California.

1 in 3, thats just the Hollywood elite, the frisco liberals and the Alvarado st. illegals.

That didn't work out to well for the southern states back in the mid 1800's.

This time we are going to let them go. We can tell them we will allow a 10 year trial period. At the end of 10 years you can vote again and then the rest of the country will vote and you can come back if they say it is ok. :)

This time we are going to let them go. We can tell them we will allow a 10 year trial period. At the end of 10 years you can vote again and then the rest of the country will vote and you can come back if they say it is ok. :)

Some of the biggest ports in the world, a big portion of the food for the country. Navy bases and the like, never mind they pay more to the feds than they get back.
I wouldn't bet on them coming back after ten years.

If the San Andreas hit, death valley would be beach front property.

But who would claim BAHA?

California could end all their problems in one day if they would charge a surcharge for every case of fruits and vegetables sold outside California.

Some of the biggest ports in the world, a big portion of the food for the country. Navy bases and the like, never mind they pay more to the feds than they get back.
I wouldn't bet on them coming back after ten years.

Ya you have to remember the Navy bases get moved the ports shut down. They don’t want to be part of the big picture. Other states would gladly make room for the ports and jobs they bring with them. It is called the United States for a reason. They are supposed to govern themselves and bond with the rest of the states for commerce and security. When you hear this kind of rhetoric it is always what they do but not what they get in return. They want to say electric cars are the answer but don’t want to know where the power comes from to charge them.

And with Trump's proposed 20% border tax????????

Ya you have to remember the Navy bases get moved the ports shut down. They don’t want to be part of the big picture. Other states would gladly make room for the ports and jobs they bring with them. It is called the United States for a reason. They are supposed to govern themselves and bond with the rest of the states for commerce and security. When you hear this kind of rhetoric it is always what they do but not what they get in return. They want to say electric cars are the answer but don’t want to know where the power comes from to charge them.

Yup, but the whole west coast would go together.
But I agree the whole idea is nuts and wouldn't happen.

Yup, but the whole west coast would go together.
But I agree the whole idea is nuts and wouldn't happen.

Oregon is fairly liberal but it is a different kind of liberal. I don't think they would join. California is the snowflake puppy cuddle kind of liberal.

Oregon is fairly liberal but it is a different kind of liberal. I don't think they would join. California is the snowflake puppy cuddle kind of liberal.

Cal is a state that pays more to the feds, you loose that and that bill goes to the next and the next until the whole country blows up.
never going to happen

Pays more because there is 38 million people here and yes the government would have to do some serious cut backs

Pays more because there is 38 million people here and yes the government would have to do some serious cut backs

So you don't think they would move the fleet north and be a bunch more expense with that. Or would Cal just charge rent. Or you could do like Russia and go take it.

Not sure. Private industry can do what they want if they want to stay or go and I bet military would keep their bases here and call it American soil?

Back