Bought a tractor on Christmas!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Chris

I have been looking for a smaller tractor for some time for use around the house and the new property. Well my brother has had this tractor for several years and wouldn't let go of it for anything even though he never used it. Well tonight at dinner we finally came to an agreement, I gave him a small amount of cash and a rifle and I got the Ford 1200 with a 768 bucket on the front. It came with a Gannon, rototiller attachment, post hole auger, seed and fertilizer spreader and some other attachment. A great deal on my end.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Repair1419572825.172121.jpg

Nothing special, one I received in a package deal a while back. It was the first gun I have ever gotten rid of tho.

your going to need to keep your eye out for used, bush hog attachment and a box blade

your brother screwed you...he's your brother, you could have borrowed any time you wanted to,
now, you are doing the maintaince to it, storing it.
and i bet you a stale do-nut. he will borrow it

BTW, update on the winchester ranger 140 shell magazine extension
aint happening, cant happen, anyone want to buy a win, ranger 140 12 gauge shootgun,,full choke 2 3/4
looks good, like new, i dont like it, i'm picky $250.00 shipped to your ffl

with a 24 hour, inspection period. if you do not like it, you can pay shipping back to me
100% refund. within 24 hours of receiving to shipped back

014.JPG

016.JPG

017.JPG

018.JPG

019.JPG

Last edited:
Don't tempt me on another gun.

He won't borrow it. He has no property. He used to years ago but sold it off.

It has a box scraper and my buddy has a bush hog I can borrow. It's all covered.

That is a very nice tractor.. and you will use it plenty. Good deal!!

happy for you, and jealous at the same time

292383.gif

Just picked up the tractor and within a mile of towing it home my trans went out. Good thing I am only 100 miles from home.

Nope. It's a good thing I kept my trusty super duty as a backup truck. Seems it's getting more use lately than the new one.

didn't you just have that trans rebuilt?

Yup the trans is two weeks old. Ha it all built for towing. I think it was the billet torque converter that went.

Or my brother drained the fluid to keep his tractor?

Good thing I have a good wife that jumped in the spare truck and came and bailed me out.

If I remember correctly, that trans was "fixed" by them 2 or maybe 3 times already.
I would be HOT right about now. someone tomorrow morning would be looking at my big azz standing in his doorway
on the verge of being a real loud conversation.

I would be demanding a new transmission...

1737-47c9f07f4f80ddddd2c51110db27b17a.jpg

dont wanna get all off subject, this kind of ties in,

I bought a new chevy Geo Storm in 1990...for my wife, to small i hated it

It started using oil, less than 500 miles and I have to add oil, I took it to the dealer..I got the old rings not set yet, give it time, story
took it home, still using oil, took it back, same BS
i went over to my Dads house,,asked my Dad his opinion
He said, hell son, if it uses oil, let it use it.
the next week, I called chevy, my car wont start.come get it.
they told me I burned up the motor, I said "I" aint burned up S&^T
"I" want a new motor. well, we fought back and forth. till they got a call from a reporter at channel 3 eyewitness news
they told the reported, NO NO NO,,, we are replacing the motor.
then, they told me they were rebuilding the motor. I said FINE
give me back about 10 grand. cause a rebuilt is a used car not a new car.
and eyewitness news will explain the difference, if needed.
they put a new motor in the car. 6 mths later, I traded that POS off and got a 4x4 truck.

now adays, instead of a reporter, you have the internet. If they will not replace your tranny, slam them with facebook,
twitter, youtube. you will get a call wanting to make you happy.after you post a complaint on there facebook page

They will replace it I'm sure. I've dealt with these guys for years and they have never done me wrong. I guess I will really find out in a few hours when they open.

Back