california going dry

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know my water is owned by the local water district. We have no meter but I am sure they have it in the works. Then they will find a way to charge me for it too.

Where I live, I live in the township but on the edge of the borough and some years back the neighbors asked to be connected to the borough water and sewer. So they made everyone close their wells and fill their septic systems. One neighbor only wanted the sewer but to keep his well so they put a meter on his well and he only pays the sewer half of the bill. When I put in the hot tub I got to wondering if it would be cheaper to figure out some other way to fill it and I called the water authority and was surprised to find out all I have to do is tell them when I fill it and they will subtract 500 gallons from my sewer bill and just pay for the treated water. Very fair.

That’s at a local level. I can’t see the state or federal government thinking that clearly. The country is upside down with taxes and services IMO the local government should do the most and get the majority of your tax dollars the federal be involved the least and get the smallest amount of your money. That’s the way founding fathers envisioned it.

I know my water is owned by the local water district. We have no meter but I am sure they have it in the works. Then they will find a way to charge me for it too

They thought about doing the meter thing here and thought better of it when they realized they were messing with voters.

i have never heard of no meter on city water,

i want to have a well drilled, am told it is 500 feet to water

I don't mean on city water, they were thinking about making people put meters on their wells and charging them for using the water. Of course when the pump needed to be replaced, they wouldn't be there to kick in some money.

Thats how I feel, if they want to put a meter on my well and charge me for the water. They can do that as long as they maintenance it and put in their own power source for the pump. I pay about 90 bucks a month on power for the pump.

Thats how I feel, if they want to put a meter on my well and charge me for the water. They can do that as long as they maintenance it and put in their own power source for the pump. I pay about 90 bucks a month on power for the pump.

And the county is making money off the electric bill you are paying in the form of taxes, fees or whatever they want to call it.

who owns the mineral rights ? who owns the water ?

I would be ________if i would pay them for my water from my land

that is not only no, but hell no

When the water is gone there will be need for the pump.Just saying.

That doesn't make it acceptable to put a meter on a well. Really what does putting a meter on a well do for anything other than make money for the water district? They are not going to force anyone to use less, they are just going to make money off of the situation.

If they were truly concerned about running out of water they would do something about it. Maybe give a daily amount and then the meter shuts off? All they seem to be interested in is making money off the situation.

The news last night kept saying how we should be turning in our neighbors if we see them using too much water. Since when am I supposed to be the judge of how much water one gets.

Maybe instead of spending money on high speed trains and other ridiculous ideas we spend money on a pipeline from the rest of the flooded country to here for a more permanent fix.

The State government own's all but a little bit of the States mineral rights here in Florida.

Like Chris said, if they were really concerned in saving the water they would do something about it instead of trying to make money with it. I don't know if you have many springs in Colliefornia, but we sure have them here in Florida. If they wanted to do anything about a water shortage here, they could just tap the springs that spew billions of gallons of water every day into the Gulf or the Atlantic. The only people who talk about that are people with some walking around sense.

We have some springs and we have many rivers that flow to the ocean. We are not allowed to tap those because it may or may not effect a certain fish that has six remaining in our area. That and all the tree huggers would rather watch that water go away than use it to live ourselves. I tiny weed or a fish that will probably survive anyway are more important that humans around here. I'm not saying those things are not important but when it comes down to them or us I hope we make the correct decision.

That doesn't make it acceptable to put a meter on a well. Really what does putting a meter on a well do for anything other than make money for the water district? They are not going to force anyone to use less, they are just going to make money off of the situation.

If they were truly concerned about running out of water they would do something about it. Maybe give a daily amount and then the meter shuts off? All they seem to be interested in is making money off the situation.

The news last night kept saying how we should be turning in our neighbors if we see them using too much water. Since when am I supposed to be the judge of how much water one gets.

Maybe instead of spending money on high speed trains and other ridiculous ideas we spend money on a pipeline from the rest of the flooded country to here for a more permanent fix.

Nazi's did the same thing in 1930 germany..had neighbor turning in neighbor

They are really pushing that here now. Ive seen it on TV and heard it on the radio. Even encouraging people to drive around and look for it.

It's getting closer to time to leave this state.

The real bad part of all this is, it might start in California, but the other states eventually follow suit. Once it happens, we can never go back.

Well in my crooked little mine, I think the aquifer belongs to the people and if the people don't regulate it, some one will be watering his lawn three times a week, and using more than his or her share. By now you have to know that it is not a never ending supply and if you and your neighbors don't control it, it could be gone. Oh ya, that' what you elected people to do.

Iraq and Mesopotamia is supposed to be the cradle of civilization (I think not), you think all those people live there because it's a desert? No , thousands of years ago it was fertile. Weather patterns change , and the majority of civilizations past , were destroyed by them. Along with greed maybe.

We have some springs and we have many rivers that flow to the ocean. We are not allowed to tap those because it may or may not effect a certain fish that has six remaining in our area. That and all the tree huggers would rather watch that water go away than use it to live ourselves. I tiny weed or a fish that will probably survive anyway are more important that humans around here. I'm not saying those things are not important but when it comes down to them or us I hope we make the correct decision.

Yeah, but there are so many of us..........

Maybe we should kill off half of us? It would solve a lot of problems.

Back