Capping washer hose outlet.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Causeway894

Reaction score
Hello all.
I threw out my washer-dryer yesterday.
I am left with the water valve junction or whatever it is called, that is shown in the pic below.

I would like some feedback on the following questions.

1) What size cap do I need to cap off the opening that is marked by the arrow labeled 'A'? ( It is a hot water opening. I do not plan on using it in the near future. )
2) I would like to replace the black hose marked by the arrow labeled 'B'. I want to throw out the black hose and want to replace it with one that can be safe to be used for regular drinking water. Can you please tell me what those 'clean water' hoses are called? ( The new hose will be attached to a sink faucet which is not shown in the pic).
3) I need the new hose to be at least around 4 feet. Do they even make them that long?? The distance from this water valve junction to the back of the sink faucet is around 4 to 5 feet.

Thank you for all your replies!

sffg.jpg

Welcome.
The cap is titled just that, GARDEN HOSE CAP, and they available from any hrdw vendor.

The existing hose, from cold water side is, in all probability, safe as a potable water supply, so, if it reaches, use it, or
replace it in kind.

Welcome.
The cap is titled just that, GARDEN HOSE CAP, and they available from any hrdw vendor.

The existing hose, from cold water side is, in all probability, safe as a potable water supply, so, if it reaches, use it, or
replace it in kind.
Ty. I thought the black colored washing machine hoses are a no-no to be used for drinking water. Can u please clarify? Ty

Well, there are a couple of downsides for their use, a rubber taste and as they age some chemical, MAY BE released.

There are many after market products to select from.

But, I've and will drink water out of just about any hose.

If I were running it to a sink I would most likely connect both to the sink and have H/C at the sink.

if you go to a hardware or plumbing store they have garden hose to PEX adapters. Then you could run any distance and PEX is rated for drinking water. At the sink end you will need the proper PEX adapter to attach the PEX there.

just take the hose from the washer and connect both ends

Back