cut slot in foundation to extend in slab hvac duct

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abarrie

Reaction score
My house is built on a concrete slab. My furnace is in a terrible place and I would like to move the furnace in order to expand my laughably small kitchen. I have a downflow furnace and the ductwork is all built into the slab. i want to basically cut a channel in the slab to extend the hvac ductwork so that i can move my furnace into the corner of the house. Is this possible? can i do it myself? any general recommendations on what I might be able to do? Thanks!

I'd imagine by your description this could be done; however, since you need to deal with the foundation of the house and possibly increase the flow efficiency of your furnace I'd consider hiring a skill professional to handle this for you.

If your furnace is near other utilities, great care will need to be taken so that you don't cut through any of that.

BEFORE YOU ( OR ANYONE ) DOES ANY CUTTING, make certain your slab is NOT post-tensioned,,, cut 1 of those cables & you'll wish you'd NEVER done this work !

asking if this is diy generally indicates it ain't !

Latest posts

Back