Downspout redirect

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krystal

Reaction score
20180323_115350.jpg 20190906_031857.jpg 20190906_031947.jpg 20190906_031921.jpg Hi! Just small background, my family is our house's second owner, which my father bought back in '91, and I inherited 2 years ago. I grew up here so I know all the ins and outs of the home for the most part.
About 3 months ago I had french drains & sump pump installed in basement (house built in '59 and gravity drainage finally turned on us, leading to basement flooding.) Our lot is sloped, so all drainage goes to backyard, leading down to a small 'creek' drainage the runs in the back of every one's yards on my side of the road.
We are still getting 2 wet/damp walls in basement, and found that it is due to the downspout by the driveway (circled in photo.) As you can see by the other pics, we have downspouts in all 4 corners of the house.
My current issue is that jack hammering any of our driveway up to fix piping or adding a french drain is out of the question given the $$ we just spent on the work just done. For now that is. Hopefully next year. But I know that it'd be pricey.
So my question is what other options do I have to redirect that one downspout away from our foundation? Google leads me nowhere. Can additional downspouts be installed side by side on the ones at the back of the house and this one sealed off? Rain barrel as an option?
Living in northeast Ohio, we are prone to heavy rains and horrible snow, which can melt very quickly with just one sunny day, and I am concerned of that these wet walls becoming worse if not fixed before season changes.
20180323_115350.jpg 20190906_031857.jpg 20190906_031947.jpg 20190906_031921.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of the bigger houses here call for 2 downspouts going side by side due to the sixe of the roof and then the gutter guys just put in one big downspout that is 4 x 4"
You could also look at a another downspout by the post where the flag is.

Back