Garage Colors

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imported_frozenstar

Reaction score
Do you choose your own color for your garage? Or do you just blend it with what color your house is. Or probably the color of your cabinets and stuff?

How do you pick the colors of your garage and why?

Give us some tips! :D

On the outside the general idea is to match the house color but inside is wide open territory. I light color with a snitch of cream keeps it light inside the garage because it reflex any light you have or is coming in there but I have painted a few with darker tones like beigh but it's really up to the owner and of course what is the garage being used for is a factor to, car, workshop, both full of junk LOL and so on.:cool:

I chose warm earthtones to go with the rest of our house. The wood is all stained dark walnut color, again, to match the rest of the house. I think it is important to make the garage "fit"...

I'm in the late-middle of painting my garage... It's attached to the house so there's not an option for the exterior - it matches the rest of the house. But the inside just got re-wired, insulated, new drywall, and new floor paint. I'll be bringing my machines in next weekend, but I've been taking a few pics along the way.

The walls are a light light gray, almost white, and there's a foot and a half wide blue stripe going around at 54 inches up. The gray and the blue match the color chips in the floor paint, which is mostly medium gray.

It's looking pretty good so far, I just need to finish up the cieling this week to get ready for the big move on Saturday ( I know, I should have done the cieling before the floor paint, but the floor needed 7 days to cure and I already invited all my helpers for this weekend.)

not the best shot in the world, but you can see the colors...

105_1503.jpg

I'm still moving in, and the mill took a spill during the move (thus the sad state of disassembly)

Back