Help removing bathroom mirror

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's 7 doggie years, so really only one you have to worry about...:cool:

I always wondered how that worked. One year of bad luck isn’t that bad at all, and with time off for good behavior he could be out of the woods in 4 months. :beer:

I always wondered how that worked. One year of bad luck isn’t that bad at all, and with time off for good behavior he could be out of the woods in 4 months. :beer:

I'd say if this is his first broken mirror, nothing more than probation. (you know, overcrowding thing)

I'd say if this is his first broken mirror, nothing more than probation. (you know, overcrowding thing)

I have been keeping my eye on johnv for a while and I seriously doubt this is his first offence.

Darn it I'm busted. Well I've been doing reno projects thru out the house the last the last year or so myself cuz Selfie wants thing done. Being relatively a newbie I tend o mess things up more than I get them fixed. Just trying to save a few bucks being the Econ the way it is these days.

Darn it I'm busted. Well I've been doing reno projects thru out the house the last the last year or so myself cuz Selfie wants thing done. Being relatively a newbie I tend o mess things up more than I get them fixed. Just trying to save a few bucks being the Econ the way it is these days.

Don't worry about it, that's how we all learned. Experience is the best teacher. Next time you'll have a better understanding of stuff.

I wish there would have been an internet forum like this years ago when I was young. All we got was the Popular Mechanic and bugging Dad and neighbors with questions.
God it’s hard to believe Selfies were just invented back then but you had to use something called a Polaroid Swinger. All selfies were black and white also.

Keep up the good work and tell Selfie I said hi.

Polaroid swinger..now I'd just have to google that. Must be something way back in the 70's-80's. Got any cool stories you wanna share with us? I'm fascinated with stuffs from those era. Heard of an 8 track but never actually saw one in person.

The Swinger yes such a suggestive name and they sold for only $19.95 at my high school wage that was half a week’s pay. The great part was all you needed was a film pack a box of one time use flash bulbs and a tube of this awful smelling stuff and a brush and after you took a photo you pulled it out of the camera along with a strip of paper and you had to look at your watch and time so many seconds and then peal it apart and you could see the photo it was on a sticky wet print that had to dry. You only had so long before the picture would fade out to brush this toxic stuff on and blow on it to dry and you had a photo of anything and no drug store person had to send it out or look at your picture before you picked it up. Selfies were alive. Only problem was peoples arms had not yet developed long enough to take a photo of themselves so others had to help you unless you used the mirror.

Yep grab your swinger and your Kenny Loggins 8 track jump in your VW beetle with a jug of Boones Farm Strawberry and go pick up your girl. Those were the good old days.

No 80’s though 60’s and 70’s
Peace

Swinger1.jpg

Swinger2.jpg

Swinger3.jpg

peace.jpg

Pop has something similar but the pics come out in the front and no toxic stuff to brush on. Maybe it was the second generation Polaroid?

Sounded like 19.95 was a lot of money back then. Give us an example what can $20 do in those days? Enough for a night on the town? And thanks for sharing.

That's insane!!! And today's prices are spiraling out of control on just about everything. Oh well, capitalism at its best, I guess.

That's insane!!! And today's prices are spiraling out of control on just about everything. Oh well, capitalism at its best, I guess.

Wage increase, cost of living increase. All goes hand in hand. You only think you make more money, costs of goods rise as wages do. Sorry....

While I was growing up the local paper once a year would compare cost of houses and cars and the such to hours worked in 1950 and everything took less hrs every year. But they quit that somewhere in the eighties, I wonder why they quit.

Back