How long does it take your coffee maker?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Chris

I am debating getting a new coffee maker. The one I have is only a couple years old but it takes it 22 minutes to make a couple cups of coffee in the morning. That's seems longer than it should take.

I had a kuerig before but didn't like it.

What do you guys use?

We currently have a Cuisinart and I can get a nice cup of coffee about 2 minutes after starting the coffeemaker.

We have that blasted K cup thing at work that works great and makes a great cup of coffee in one minute. At home I am sold on Mr Coffee makers they are dirt cheap and no frills. Turn them on and off that’s it. When they start getting slow in a few years save the pot for a spare and buy the exact same one.

If yours is slow it is plugged up and maybe vinegar cycle will help it. The Mr Coffee takes about 5 minutes for 12 cups but I take mine out before it’s done and its good and strong , she likes hers not as strong so it works out.

I have 3, Mr coffee, Instant folgers, and grand pa's old percolator

instant tastes like ****, Mr coffee takes to long, old grand dad is just right.

I use my instant hot, to fill, then put it on the burner. 10 minutes,

you could get a pot with a timer, set it the night before,

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5_0iG7YP5Y[/ame]

Mine has a timer but the damn thing beeps louder than my alarm clock when it starts and then when it thinks it is done making the coffee. It beeps to tell me it is done about half way through then starts up again.

I ran a bunch of vinegar through it but it doesn't seem to be helping much.

The K cups are nice and i have it at home and the office but I am too cheap to pay for them and I like a stronger cup of coffee and a larger cup and they can do neither.

My only requirement when making coffee was the metal reusable filter so I wouldn't have to buy any but after years of washing it it might be easier to just buy filters?

I want to know what magical power they were using to power the peculator.
The last drop usually has some chewables in it

All I know was as a kid, Kids were not allowed to drink coffee but when that ad came on I would run to watch it and listen to that beat of the perking. Moms pot never played that song but coffee perking smelled wonderful the first time I got to taste it I thought how could something that smelled so good taste so bad. I never drank coffee until I came to work as a young man and I was working for a guy and he said here is what we will do every day. Told me to come to his office every morning at 7:00 am and we would smoke two cigaretteseach and drink a cup of coffee and talk over what I was to work on. I told him ok but I didn’t smoke or drink coffee. He flipped out and said well I had to at least do one or the other. I said ok I’ll have the coffee. After a few months I got used to it first and then started liking the stuff. Now it’s 42 years later and I’m sitting here having the coffee still. Thank God I didn’t opt for the cigarette. I would be dead now.

I can't remember when I started having coffee every morning but I believe it was in my 20's. Smoking I started at 14 and quit at 26 after two packs a day. Got hypnotized and never had a craving since.

Grandma used to give me a cup of coffee in the morning , it was 90% milk with enough coffee to turn the color.

cigarettes, do you remember marlboro miles you collected the miles off of each pack, send them in for camping equipment
I collected those miles, got the gear, then the very last item on the list I received

My very own Trach tube, oh, for joy for joy, I was so excited

004.jpg

Last edited:
Ran a gallon of vinegar through my coffee maker and now I have the time down to 15 minutes for a pot of coffee. I might do it again to see if it gets better.

Just returned from a Bed and Breakfast trip. They had a Keurig. It took 2 pods to make a mug of coffee. We each had two mugs of coffee in the morning. I purchased a 12 pack of pods and it cost me $12, and it didn't last two days. I'm now back to my fresh ground Sams Club coffee, where $12 worth of coffee last me nearly a month....and tastes better IMHO.

Cheese and crackers, we're getting Starbucks, Pikes Roast for about $6.00 and using one for a cup. Finding a lot of brands on sale cheap.....😳 Loving my Keurig.

Cheese and crackers, we're getting Starbucks, Pikes Roast for about $6.00 and using one for a cup. Finding a lot of brands on sale cheap.....�� Loving my Keurig.

How long have you had it?

Are you a small cup of coffee kinda guy? If I was it would be perfect. I'm too cheap to want to pay for the K cups. I always filled the reusable cup thingy.

I am going to take mine to my mountain house so when I am up there I can go for easy.

Had it since Christmas. I was drinking a pot every morning, now I've cut myself to two cups. Maybe three some days.

Trick I learned at work. We got a brand called Dark Magic and it’s a extra strong coffee. My mug is 20 oz and I run the same k-cup thru twice on 10oz setting. Comes out perfect for my tastes.

I did like the fact that I can come home from work and make a cup of coffee in a minute. Maybe I will give it a try again.

Pot of coffee in the morning and the k-cups for the odd cup o' joe during the rest of the day. We have a cuisinart coffee maker. When it aged out, we went right out and got the same one again.

Latest posts

Back