How to stop flooding in front yard?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another option is putting on gutter covers to minimize debris in the downpipe and your drainage pipe.

I looked into gutter covers some time ago but did not find any model that worked 100%, based on reviews. So there will be debris which will probably clog a directly connected pipe sooner or later.

If the drain pipe is put in with a bit of slope, it shouldn't be any worse than any other pipe in the world. Sure, there is always a chance that it could clog, but you can usually get a garden hose in there. I've had chipmunks try to nest in a 4" pipe, but they decided to move when wet. You can tee in a cleanout if you choose.
I agree on the gutter guards...they're not 100%. But it sure beats the hell out of 0%! :rofl:

If the drain pipe is put in with a bit of slope, it shouldn't be any worse than any other pipe in the world. Sure, there is always a chance that it could clog, but you can usually get a garden hose in there. I've had chipmunks try to nest in a 4" pipe, but they decided to move when wet. You can tee in a cleanout if you choose.

I'll start with a simple pipe on the ground and see how well it works.

I agree on the gutter guards...they're not 100%. But it sure beats the hell out of 0%! :rofl:

Problem with several of those that I looked it is that stuff does get through them into the gutters albeit much slower than without them. So eventually you need to clean them and that's a lot harder than without the guards since they are in the way.

Back