Improper plumbing & trying to remodel bathroom/laundry

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rant acknowledged. All I can offer here is you need to develop selective hearing, a "yes dear" attitude (often reserved for wives instead of mothers) and reading your brother the riot act....and patience.

Thats how I do it. Yes dear, no dear...the whole time I am doing it my way

and your brother.. Brothers do not respond to verbal commands. they are like a dog. Gab the broom and wack him with it.

Every time he leaves a mess in the kitchen, Wack Him

after awhile, 1 of 2 things will happen, he will start to obey
or he will break your broom
if you dont want to wack him, put the dirty dish's in his bed

step 2. when he fails to take the garbage out.

throw the bag into his room, DO NOT take it out for him.

whats the age difference between you two?

my brother was 6 years older than me. I had to wait till I was 16. before I could whoop him back.

He was in Vietnam, got wounded. we were in the Philippines at Clark AFB.

he was sent to Clark hospital. when he got out, he stayed with us.

He would torment me, so I turned the gas up on his butane lighter, burned his mustache :D

he chased me around the house, threw the yard, up the street, down the street, till he caught me

then, He found out lil bro done grew up! It was FUN!!

Last edited:
Thats how I do it. Yes dear, no dear...the whole time I am doing it my way

and your brother.. Brothers do not respond to verbal commands. they are like a dog. Gab the broom and wack him with it.

Every time he leaves a mess in the kitchen, Wack Him

after awhile, 1 of 2 things will happen, he will start to obey
or he will break your broom
if you dont want to wack him, put the dirty dish's in his bed

step 2. when he fails to take the garbage out.

throw the bag into his room, DO NOT take it out for him.

whats the age difference between you two?

my brother was 6 years older than me. I had to wait till I was 16. before I could whoop him back.

He was in Vietnam, got wounded. we were in the Philippines at Clark AFB.

he was sent to Clark hospital. when he got out, he stayed with us.

He would torment me, so I turned the gas up on his butane lighter, burned his mustache :D

he chased me around the house, threw the yard, up the street, down the street, till he caught me

then, He found out lil bro done grew up! It was FUN!!

LOL. ON the CCcleaner thing, I actually do maintenance on my computer and clean things out manually from time to time. The slow speed is due to having satellite with bandwidth restriction. If we go over the monthly limit we get throttled and when my sister was visiting, we went over quickly because she never had to deal with bandwidth restrictions and loads videos and such all the time. It was also raining which makes the satellite have to resend data over and over which increases the usage and also slows the internet down. It sends the signal to noise ratio to hell and there are frequent disconnects. AT&T keeps promising they will get U-Verse out here "soon". I hope they are right.

My brother is 4 years younger than me but he's also about a foot taller and outweighs me by about 150lbs. I used to be able to kick his a$$ when we were kids. Now he's got a lot of blubber to protect him. If I do anything to really piss him off, he will retaliate. He would probably piss on my bed if I dumped dishes or trash in his room. Actually, he probably wouldn't notice too much if I dumped trash in his room since his room is so full of trash already.

Only two things seem to work for getting him to do stuff: 1) when his friends come over and help him and encourage him and 2) when he is not allowed to take the car and go visit friends unless he does something. On the latter, he always does the bare minimum and doesn't actually finish whatever task. He actually got so mad that he wasn't allowed to take the car that he once kicked it and put a large dent in it (but the people at the body shop took the dent out and fixed the paint when they had to replace the door). He learned at an early age if he pitched a big enough fit or kept whining, he would get what he wanted. He tries that with me and I just tell him "no".

As weird as it sounds, I know much more dysfunctional families, so I actually feel lucky. They are nutcases, but they are my nutcases. and I'm not perfect either. I procrastinate and have very little energy. I need to motivate myself to do more.

I went to do something in my bathroom earlier but my cats have made some of my tools disappear somehow. Unless I cleverly hid them somewhere that was supposed to be easy to find. I do that all the time. LOL.

dont let any body kid you. all families are nuts. Norman rockwell, and leave it to Beaver's Mom do not exist.

Andy on andy griffith was pretty cool but does not exist.

everett the fix it guy was normal.

lets face it Howard was a total mommas boy. with homo tendencies.

I would have not let Claira in my house and aunt Bee liked to take a nip every once in awhile

Thelma was horney, and barney was not taking care of business

goober and goomer were like a couple buddies i have, good country folk

Helen had a nice body.

barney...i dont like barney

floyds cool

ottis is my buddy, earnest t needed his butt kicked,

LOL, There ya go again. Now, I have to search re-run TV just to watch that again.

my favorite episode is the freezer going bad. andy telling aunt bee to "call the man" about 22 times.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa1ez7yL_T4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa1ez7yL_T4[/ame]

Last edited:
So what's the read on Opie? Anything about him going to become a Hollywood director??

Probably best to leave this thread for Zannej' plumbing problems. It's too long to start over. And we can get too sidetracked.

Last edited:
So what's the read on Opie? Anything about him going to become a Hollywood director??

Probably best to leave this thread for Zannej' plumbing problems. It's too long to start over. And we can get too sidetracked.

LOL. He became an excellent director. I loved the Andy Griffith show. I haven't watched it in a long time though. It was funny seeing Andy playing the straight-laced man instead of the goofy one instead. I remember a movie (something with Sergeant in the title?) where he was the goofy one.

I didn't watch the clip yet, but my thought was "Why can't Andy 'call the man'"? LOL. But then, if Aunt Bee was the one who wanted it fixed, she should have called.

It's ok to digress in here. I digress all the time in other threads.

I don't want to forget about this idea since it gives me hope for the future, but I need to work on my other bathroom project. I don't know if I have a thread on this one for it-- I think it got locked on the plumbing forum. I haven't made much progress on it, so that's understandable.

ron howard, darn god director

zanne, why dont you make the no-trap tub your next project. methane gas is dangerous if left to own device's

the gas can pool in an area. get rid of the funky smell

enjoy

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m57gzA2JCcM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m57gzA2JCcM[/ame]

On a serious note, I should probably create a thread for the bathroom project I'm currently working on. Not sure which section it should go in though. And I need to fix the images in this thread so they show up.

Your about as twisted as I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

292383.gif

thBTW7OT0A.jpg

Last edited:
Oops. Looks like my link got removed. Sorry, admins.

It was to a song about Alice, but I guess the language wasn't appropriate. LOL.

So, what area would be the right place for my current bathroom remodel that I've been procrastinating on and really need to finish?

Ok. I'll have to gather my thoughts when I'm done coughing my lungs out. Hopefully additional pictures will work.

I want to see that picture of you dressed head to toe in thick clothes and a mask on your face!!!

HILARIOUS !!!!!!!!!!f.gif

Last edited:
LOL. No pics like that, but there's this one of me in the bunny onesie.
1378887_570085966457606_7235806729683014833_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back