Installing my dishwasher

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I pull the dishwasher out, it tips forward? What's the way to fix this? Should I anchor the steel frame to the concrete or screw the tabs on the top to the counter?

Those two tabs on top get screwed to the underside of the counter.

Awesome. Now I just need to find the best way to put a trim board on the right side.

Also, the countertop is slightly higher than it used to be in one corner, but I honestly don't care. It functions. I can't figure out what is preventing it from going down and being even but after all this, I don't care that much.

With some glue, clamps, screws and finish nails you can replicate the appearance of a factory filler and toekick.

With some glue, clamps, screws and finish nails you can replicate the appearance of a factory filler and toekick.

I know how to secure the new trim board to the cabinet unit to the right, but not sure how to attach it to the dishwasher side. Obviously, it shouldn't be attached to the actual dishwasher, but maybe I can attach it to the concrete floor and the underside of the counter. I think it's going to be tricky.

You can use a 1X4 for the cabinet cleat and add 2 or 3 brace or construct a ladder type box to attach the trim and a couple of TAPCONS and a cleat on the floor gives you 3 points of attachment, top, side and bottom.

Do not attach it to the appliance.

Its a piece of wood 3/4" thick and 3-1/2" wide, in the case of a 1X4.

Home desperado stocks it 2 sections, rough lumber, which may be referred to as furring strips, and they are rough, in 8' lengths.

In the finished lumber section in lengths from 6' too 12'.

I can use braces on the right side where the cabinet is.

Are you saying I need to anchor a wooden cleat to the concrete floor? Is that what the TAPCON is for?

That is only 2 points of attachment. What is the third?

Should there be something vertically aligned next to the dishwasher? How would I secure that?

The 3rd is the cleat across the top described previously.

A cleat there allows you to adjust the appliance in and out to afford the aesthetics you may want.

Some folks want the appliance shoved all the way in even with the cabinet face frame plane and don't care that the concrete floor is exposed, while others want the front of the appliance door brought out to the same plane as the cabinet doors.

Why is my hot water hose to my sink leaking? It is not leaking from the part that screws on, it is leaking from the part just above that. This was the problem with the old hose, so I just bought a brand new one. Same problem.

IMG_20161003_154900679.jpg

The handle is on the stem. just behind the handle there is a nut, inside that nut there is a seal and that is there so the water does not leak at the stem. The seal can be replaced.
Turn off the water at the hot water tank or the main. remove the handle remove the nut and replace the packing inside

The handle is on the stem. just behind the handle there is a nut, inside that nut there is a seal and that is there so the water does not leak at the stem. The seal can be replaced.
Turn off the water at the hot water tank or the main. remove the handle remove the nut and replace the packing inside

It's leaking from the part just above the nut on the hose. Not from the stem.

Why would the seal need to be replaced on a brand new hose?

There are no leaks going to the dishwasher side of things, so can the problem really be the stem?

Last edited:
We have something in common, if it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any.

Seems you are not seated correctly. Is there an extra washer on it? Are you cinching it down enough? Are you using too much teflon tape?

Seems you are not seated correctly. Is there an extra washer on it? Are you cinching it down enough? Are you using too much teflon tape?

There is a 3/8" nut that screws onto the valve. I think I wrapped the tape around once or twice. It is leaking from between the nut and the part above it, which I don't know what to call. A compression fitting? You can see what I'm talking about in the picture. It had the same exact problem with the old hose and the new hose.

It's leaking from the part just above the nut on the hose. Not from the stem.

Why would the seal need to be replaced on a brand new hose?

There are no leaks going to the dishwasher side of things, so can the problem really be the stem?

I guess I misunderstood the problem

Latest posts

Back