Kitchen Countertop Tile

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luke Swedbergh

Reaction score
Was looking for an online or downloadable (Windows) tool/application (well one that I couldn't find searching google that wasn't absolutely terrible and a complete waste of time to use anyways) that would easily layout tile over a defined surface size (countertops) in various popular patterns. Not looking to do anything but layout tile size and pattern over the countertop when putting in the surface sizes so to see what patterns we like and where grout lines end up, etc. Seems like this is a no brainer tool that should be all over the place, everything I've found and tried is completely useless like whoever created them (even big box stores and brands) didn't even think about what someone doing this (that doesn't tile by trade anyways) would actually need or want.

They seem to have placing stupid small appliances (e.g. coffee maker) and light fixture types on lockdown though, haha... worthless.

Thanks!
-Luke

Welcome.

That's exactly why I've never used the internet to solve such private issues, but have for over 45yrs. always got off my butt and gone to the store, and the results always worked.

Main reason is tile is rarely used for countertops for several good reasons.
A tile top is a nightmare to try and keep sealed and to do a simple wipe down.
Drop something from an upper cabinet and the tile may crack.

Latest posts

Back