Last post wins.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning GR, only supposed to be in the mid 80's today. Hope the weather people are right.

So Cal still has the wacky weather going on. 2 days ago, it was 107, yesterday was 96, and today is suppose to be high 80's. News says next week it is gunna be in the 100's again. Can anyone do the rain dance for us?

Can't do a rain dance until I get a new back window for my truck

What is the price on a new back window?

Cheapest I found is $490. Stupid power slider kills it. I just replaced this one less than a year ago.

That's too much money. You need to sell that truck...

...to me!

But it's an 07 with 200k on it, still not broken in. I just keep breaking it.

I am tempted to just put in a solid glass window.

What about clear vinyl and duct tape? I once used that to cover a window. You can see out of it and it keeps the water out.

Meanwhile, back at the farm, there are ants everywhere. There are ants in my room and I don't have food in here and I don't eat in here. There are ants running up the exterior side of the house. Ants all over the kitchen... I put down those little ant bait thingies right in the path of the ants and they marched right around them instead of going in them.

There are itty bitty ants and some fat fire ants. Little bastards bit me when I was trying to make scrambled eggs-- and then I accidentally opened the wrong side of the garlic salt and dumped a bunch of it onto my eggs and ruined them.

I don't want to use poisons and stuff around my dishes and food items, so I'm hoping they will go into the little bait things and die.

It's been raining quite a bit-- good for the dogs since it refilled their bucket, but one of the last power surges shut my computer off and now one of the fans inside doesn't work. I have it through a surge protector, but I guess the sudden shutoff killed it. I need to get a backup battery.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well.

Looks like I've been winning for the past 4 days. Come on, slackers! :p

Panned up to the sky while filming the tower my father put up 20 years ago to put an antenna on-- antenna fell, but the tower is still there. Sky looked nice.
11947682_723157267817141_2667609602413253835_n.jpg

Looks like I've been winning for the past 4 days. Come on, slackers! :p

Panned up to the sky while filming the tower my father put up 20 years ago to put an antenna on-- antenna fell, but the tower is still there. Sky looked nice.QUOTE]

Well, climb on up there and fix it...you're the man of the house now...;)

Latest posts

Back