Looking for floor plans

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LnJsdad

Reaction score
I am going to be looking into a 20 X 30 with two car garage entrance on the 20 FT side.

Does anyone out there know of free planning software or an online source for pre made plans???

I know I need to look into local building code etc, I just need something basic to start out with..

Why don't you contact Absolute Steel? They specialize in metal garages. You will find that metal garage kits from Absolute Steel come in a variety of styles and models.

Try google sketch up. It won't be a perfect design solution and it wont be top quality, but if you just want a rough idea of what something will look like then it can be a great tool. I have used it for building a shed outside my house and it worked great.

what kinda welding rod do you need to weld that wood together?

looks like there's no car stuff in there, I think that's against the law!

Welding Rod? I tried RG-45, but the wood smoked too much. Suggestions?

Don't need to waste space on a car. The beater truck hauls metal and wood and oxy-Acetylene tanks just fine and is happy on the driveway.

Woodworking in the front, Metalworking in the back. I'll post a pic of my 66 year old Lathe when I get it back together.

Back