looking for laundry facet

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mibella

Reaction score
Hi I hope someone can help me find this, I am looking for a utility sink facet with the washing machine hookups on it. We used to have one when I was kid but I haven't seen them in a while do they still exist, or do I have to piece something together?
Any input would be helpful, Thanks!

just about any laundry sik faucet has a hose connection on the spout

do you want a 4'' spread or 8'' spread?

faucet

if you want 2 hook ups for your washer

adapter

I am looking for a utility sink facet with the washing machine hookups on it. We used to have one when I was kid but I haven't seen them in a while do they still exist, or do I have to piece something together?

Any input would be helpful, Thanks!

Did the faucet look like this?

contemporary-utility-sink-faucets.jpg

It had the two hose bibs for the washer hoses too. A very long time ago.

...hmmph...

Was the faucet cast brass as shown (did I get close)?

Say the bibs were included in the casting or could they have been plumbed remote and appear as one casting?

One photo shows the bibs mounted remote and the second is a shut-off valve. Anything close?

I am fascinated from some strange reason by antique plumbing... :eek:

Laundry Room Photo.jpg

Laundry- Single Handle Washing Machine Shutoff Valve - WATTS # 175-C.jpg

Last edited:
I trhink it was like your first photo with the the two taps just above, mostly one casting,, but I have been wrong before, 60 years have gone by.

Most likely (unless I am wrong and/or cannot find what you are describing), a tee(s) is plumbed in right above the faucet to accept hose bibs.

Now correct me if I am wrong. There may well be (or was) such a specialty faucet as your are describing.

frodo is old. Maybe he can remember the old days... :rofl:

Fitting- Unique Tees - 1.5 in C x C x FIP.jpg

Hose Bib- 1-2in MIP x Hose - WEBSTONE 30314W.jpg

LOL...that faucet ...the openings on top, are form the water to SUPPLy the faucet from above.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Retr...cks-Cold-Water-Tap-Wall-Mount/1922877358.html

you need 2 of these

:confused: ...yeah...

It's a laundry tub faucet. You showed one with bottom feed...???

As for your bib cocks shown...

No.1- It's CHI-COM

No.2- If shipping directly from China, there may be a duty due involved

:confused: ...yeah...

It's a laundry tub faucet. You showed one with bottom feed...???

As for your bib cocks shown...

No.1- It's CHI-COM

No.2- If shipping directly from China, there may be a duty due involved

I am showing them a picture of what they need. not the ONE they need.

i fully expect a op to go out and buy the make they choose.

cause,,I aint gonna sit here and screen the best deal all day

aint my job, LOL

Wow thanks guys I didn't think I would get such a response.
So more specifics
It would need to be wall mounted faucet
and the one we had had the hose bibs for the washer inline toward the rear in between the shut off and the faucet, now I don't know if it was one unit or not. But it sure looked to be one piece.
And it was a rough piece I don't think it was brass.

It was brass or chrome plated brass if it was old. We haven't been able to find anything like that so yoiu will be doing a little plumbing for the washer taps.

Wow thanks guys I didn't think I would get such a response.

So more specifics

It would need to be wall mounted faucet and the one we had had the hose bibs for the washer inline toward the rear in between the shut off and the faucet, now I don't know if it was one unit or not. But it sure looked to be one piece.

And it was a rough piece I don't think it was brass.

:confused: ...hmmph...

I thought frodo had found the single spigots and that is what you wanted Sorry...

Was this a laundry sink you remember or possibly a utility sink?

Here is a selection of older style faucets- http://www.faucetdirect.com/chicago-faucets-service-faucets/c31338

:D

Look at how this one is plumbed in. You would have to install fittings for hose bibs.

Waxman 415300 2-Handle Standard Laundry Faucet, Polished Brass

71VF4vvGHRL._SL1000_.jpg

It was brass or chrome plated brass if it was old. We haven't been able to find anything like that so yoiu will be doing a little plumbing for the washer taps.
not brass or chrome it was like galvanized pipe rough unfinished. So I don't mind doing a little plumbing work. I just don't want it to look like it an idiot did it. I'm not exactly sure what pieces I should put together.
It comes through the sheetrock wall in the basement, I would like to have the shut offs before the laundry hookups, do they make straight shut offs like that?

ok so whats the difference between a laundry and a utility sink?

Think of it as an overgrown laundry sink as found in restaurants, schools and office buildings. They were even used in larger homes/mansions.

There are also scullery and mop sinks just to add a little to the confusion... :confused:

... not brass or chrome it was like galvanized pipe rough unfinished.

So I don't mind doing a little plumbing work. I just don't want it to look like it an idiot did it. I'm not exactly sure what pieces I should put together.

It comes through the sheetrock wall in the basement, I would like to have the shut offs before the laundry hookups, do they make straight shut offs like that?

If the wall is sheetrocked, what about the faucet I showed above the laundry sink and a laundry supply/waste box behind the WD?

38530.jpg

Latest posts

Back