Milgard Window Won't Open

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smohman

Reaction score
Hi- we have Milgard windows, and the one in our kitchen seems to be locked. Normally you press the lever in the picture to the right and pull the window to the left. This window suddenly will not move to the left to open it no matter what. It seems to be stuck at the bottom. I've pulled it left with significant force while pressing the lock... nothing.. I tried sticking a knife in the small slot to operate the mechanism in there before trying to open it, but it's still stuck. Also tried moving the lock up and down the window frame but it makes no difference. Any thoughts/advice?

Attachments

• window.jpg
    window.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 0
Is there a phillips head slot on the edge of the window? If so, turning it clockwise pushes the lower rollers downward where the window can roll again. You may need to retract any upper rollers to allow the window to rise enough for the rollers to work. If you don't have adjustable rollers, try lifting the window straight up and try to get it out of the track to inspect what is stopping the window from functioning correctly.

Is there a phillips head slot on the edge of the window? If so, turning it clockwise pushes the lower rollers downward where the window can roll again. You may need to retract any upper rollers to allow the window to rise enough for the rollers to work. If you don't have adjustable rollers, try lifting the window straight up and try to get it out of the track to inspect what is stopping the window from functioning correctly.
thank you for the tip. The Window has a square head screw at the bottom and top. I ordered a square head set of bits and we'll see if that works when they get here. Thanks!

Back